Skip to main content

power steering for Leyland bus ??

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44179 by John Whale
hello bus ntruck mate do you still have power steering set for leopard available ? thanks mate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44180 by busntruck
It's should be at my mates place?
I will double check.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44181 by acco1840
If you get really stuck, i have a PS kit off an international ACCO that you may be able to adapt.

1971 Butterbox Acco 1840 V8

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44182 by John Whale
hello 1840 i know it might be sacriledge but i have been thinking of "borrowing" the p s set up of my retired 1830 c two problems might arise . no 1 very small distance between clutch and brake set up not sure if p s box will fit in between. no 2 as there is no external drive of motor'working out how to drive p s pump might be difficult. but as i have a whole p s set up at my disposal the cost of mounting box and machining a pulley to fit on the harmonic balancer will still be cheap compared to buying acomplete unit out of another vehicle what do you think??????

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44183 by acco1840
Could work mate. I have a ram assisted one out of an old Butterbox acco. Maybe the ram would take up less space and you could adapt it onto your original steering gear??
Just a thought.
Would just sell the ram and pump if you wanted.

1971 Butterbox Acco 1840 V8

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44184 by John Whale
evening 1840 went to rays today to have look at tiger with ram assist p s seems more straight forward and less hassle than full p s fit up waiting to hear back from trucknbus regarding kit he might have be in touch regards whale

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds