Skip to main content

First Restoration - '42 Chev Blitz

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49586 by Beaver

The shape of the vents in the front quarters identify them as well, I just can't remember which is which, one has the rectangle, and the other has a taper towards the top.

IIRC only Australian assembled trucks had vents, the fully imported bodies didn't. I think GMH only assembled Chevs here, not sure about the Fords.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49587 by Plushy
Rectangle Vent is Chev and the Taper Vent is Ford , Imported Cabs and Local Cabs were all built to a pattern so they all have the Vents and as Swishy Said the Diffs are the easiest to Spot Chevs run a Banjo look Diff and the Fords all have a Split Case Diff .

Great Resto ! Gotta get my Ford Blitz Finished one of these days . Oh and how did you find a good pair of Windscreen frames ????

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49588 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Great Blitz. You can be proud of that. Heaps of work. Congrats. Got a driver's door spare???
Regards, Stephen

Kind Regards

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49589 by acco1840
Nice Chev mate- well done.
Just a bit of history- International Harvester assembled some imported kit form Blitzes.
Cant remember if it was at the Geelong works or Dandenong.

1971 Butterbox Acco 1840 V8

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49590 by wgipps
The easiest way to identify between the 2 is the grille. Chev have the diamond style grille while Ford have a square style.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #49591 by blitz9383
Thank you gentlemen for your comments. The vents...you were right. And the grill do identify them. I have not yet been able to ascertain the chev badge for the grill at the right price or for the right hand door.

Here are some more photographs of the blitz interior.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #49592 by Acar DC7564
Great job Steve , cant wait till you get under way with the next project , There are a few blokes who use this forum who will be happy to help you out where we can the the mighty A car , we need more of them . KW 950 + 620 Sig. should be a pretty good combination for your area that is until you get bagged up by a 660 Volvo . frightening isnt it Rob .

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #49593 by hoarder1
Blitz looks great mate. Well done.
Who did the wood on your steering wheel? I'm in the market for a rim for a 1929 chev one.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #49594 by Andy Wright
That's some fine work, blitzman. How's she drive?

Fell off my chair when I saw the Acar. Really looking forward to seeing progress pics of that. Awesome stuff.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds