Skip to main content

4WD Compressor for backup air for starting a Mack

More
15 years 8 months ago #4261 by HeyCharger
Hi Monty,
With all due respect, I went down the road you are on a couple of years ago and I came to the conclusion, that if I fixed all my leaks, I would not have a problem.
So I fixed all my leaks at probable cost of $2 and now my tank will maintain pressure (120psi) for at least 3-4 months, although I try and make time to start it far more often.
On another point, does your engine driven compressor pump the tank up to around 125psi, which is normal? You have mentioned 90psi a few times, so I'm wondering if the air pressure regulator and/or compressor are all ok.
You are considering the cost of an electrical powered compressor which may need additional batteries to power it. All very expensive.
Just my 2.2c (GST inc) worth.
Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4262 by Andy Wright
Amazing the people that turn up here. G'day Rod, when I saw the new username of HeyCharger I thought it might be you.

Andy Wright

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #4263 by HeyCharger
Ditto Andy, I was wondering if you had left the West for the Pak?
Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4264 by Andy Wright
Certainly have - four months now. Just moved into the place we bought. Had enough of moving!

I had often thought about putting a compressor on the back of my Mack even though she, like yours, would hold air for a good period of time. I figured it'd useful for camping at shows etc or for those very cold mornings in Alice Springs!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #4265 by monty
Rod Looks like that will be another job to do, i thourght i might have to put it of for a while to titen every thing up and replace a one way valve and re-route one or two air lines so the big valve will open up. Compressor all good pumps up to 120psi.

thanks for the 0.02.2 cents worth it is well worth it.

-Monty

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds