Skip to main content

AR110 build (not for the purists)

More
12 years 10 months ago #54366 by fxs80
Got a little further today, nice enough day to throw some paint around :D :D

:D :D

Struggled with the help of the best wife in the world to get the chassis out of the shed >:( and on to stands and hope to throw some paint at it later in the week (?) 8-) if weather keeps on my side
Gary

1939 D2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #54367 by Aussiehooker
the flanges or bolt up area will be where all the weight or stress is on the other side to the contact side beef it up with a piece of plate running out in to the panel area and continuously weld you have spread the weight over a larger area plug welding on contact surfaces diamond welding will spread the stress over a larger area sorry i cant show photos at present the computer is crook

More
12 years 10 months ago #54368 by fxs80
:D :D :D :D :D Threw some paint about today :D :D :D :D

Now I'm a happy camper ;)

1939 D2

More
12 years 10 months ago #54369 by Coupeute
Nice shade of black Gary. Is that a 127 inch wheelbase? My AR cab/chassis is actually an AR120 on a 127inch base. May look long because it is bare.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
12 years 10 months ago #54370 by fxs80
Thanks Dave, Satin black and yes 127", compliance plate has AR110 127, probably just the angle of tha dangle makes it look longer ;)
Gary

1939 D2

More
12 years 10 months ago #54371 by Coupeute
Yep, looked 127. My ute is 115. The only difference I can see on whats left of the AR120, is more spring leaves & vacuum brakes. You'll have a good size tray. Dave

More
12 years 10 months ago #54372 by fxs80
2.4mtr Alloy tray in the back ground, am going to put a "false" floor in polished wood that I can take off if getting firewood or the like. I won't be using the sides or gate for general running around so the wooden deck should stand out ;)

1939 D2

More
12 years 9 months ago #54373 by fxs80
Wish list at moment :- Serviceable front & rear shackles, pr of AR110 rear springs, has anyone got any spare ?
Gary :-X :-X :-X

1939 D2

More
12 years 9 months ago #54374 by Coupeute
Hey Gary, distance may be a problem. Ill have a look at the AR I have. I know the hangers on the AL chassis are not flash. We may have to meet in the middle one day a do a parts swap. Cheers Dave

More
12 years 9 months ago #54375 by fxs80
I can get away with the half without the
pin if need be, but I sheered the threaded end off the one with the pin cause nut frozen on both of them
Gary :-X

1939 D2

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds