Skip to main content

dodge 313 sawtooth

More
12 years 8 months ago #61107 by ct7scott
dodge 313 sawtooth was created by ct7scott
G'Day Fella's, Have been having huge trouble with my 313 in a dodge 560. I put a new Jim Robertson electronic ignition module and rebuilt the carter carby and she has never run well since. Can anyone tell me if 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 is the correct firing order and is the drivers side (right) cylinders are 1-3-5-7 fwd to rear or are they something totally random. I can only get it to run on 3 cylinders

At4 560 313&&At4 129 225&&HR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61108 by acco1840
Replied by acco1840 on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
G'day mate. Not too sure on the Dodges, But my International 345 V8 is 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2 and the LEFT bank of cylinders is 1 3 5 7. The RIGHT (drivers side) bank is 2 4 6 8. Hope that helps.

1971 Butterbox Acco 1840 V8

More
12 years 8 months ago #61109 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
Drivers side would be 2 4 6 8.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61110 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
If its not run well since you changed things it has to be something you have put together wrong. Is the dissy drive in right, when you removed the dissy the chrysler small block can sometimes can drag up the drive under it and then it can drop back down in the wrong place. If it only a tooth or so you will get away with it but anymore and all the leads will need moving on the cap.
Get the engine on TDC number 1 and check that.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61111 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
when u pop the bonnet one of the tappet covers will be closer to the front of the truck than the other ..thats where no one cylinder will be one side 1-3-5-7 the other 2-4-6-8 . . .some international V8s though break that tradition and no one is one of the rear cylinders from memory ? . . also with your high energy ignition upgrade ill be checking the spark plug leads .. another truck is have a look in the dark in case there are any stray sparks happening
cheers ken

More
12 years 8 months ago #61112 by ct7scott
Replied by ct7scott on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
they're all brand new leads, and plugs. The ignition isn't high energy, just gets rid of the points and still uses the original coil. On the 318LA in the 575 the left bank is closer, but on the 313A(poly) the right bank spark plugs are closer,but the oil filler cap is on the left bank, which traditionaly designates #1 hence the confusion

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 8 months ago #61113 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth

Scott
Gudday M8

U very brave man

us amateurs only takle one project @ a time n when its up n runn n proven 2 B Ok then we move on n do the next part

Ifn U get my drift

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 8 months ago #61114 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
Both poly and LA blocks are much the same. The LA came from the poly but with new top end and the block changed to suit the different head bolt pattern. Drivers side bank is set back with 2468 and passengers side set forward with 1357. All Chrysler V8's, hemi, poly, LA, B and RB are all the same as well as most of the other Yank stuff. The Holden 253/308 is about the only V8 i can think of that is the other way around with the drivers side bank forward and the passenger bank set back.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61115 by Aussiehooker
Replied by Aussiehooker on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
left or right bank the forward one will be no 1

More
12 years 8 months ago #61116 by ct7scott
Replied by ct7scott on topic Re: dodge 313 sawtooth
progress report. left rocker cover off, checked TDC, still agrees with the harmonic balancer ;D turned it over to 5deg started the cap from that point, rocker cover back on, hit the key and away she went ;D ;D couple of quick accelerater stabs, dodged the flame that came out of the carby, advanced her a bit more, and went for a drive. Still runs rough, but when idleing purrs like a kitten. Thanks for your help with this one guys. I'm back to Perth tomorrow (the 560 is in Eugowra) so I'll give her a wash and put her back in the shed till easter when I'll rip her heads off as I suspect a burnt valve. Swish, to answer your wise observation, when I got my hands on the old girl she had been driven till she died, and than towed around for a couple of years as a trailer. the butterfly shafts in the carby housing had massive wear holes in them and every seal was gone. As for the dizzy it had worn so bad it was knocking the contacts off the inside of the cap, most likely the reason she finaly died. My grandfather brought her new for the harvest of '67 and I brought it over to dads farm 6 years ago, after I found her abandonded in pops shed. It is being slowly brought back from the edge.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds