Skip to main content

PMG fmodel mack

More
11 years 7 months ago #69299 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
Just want to revive an older thread. Is this a PMG Mack?

This one is in a yard in Mittagong.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #69300 by dave willis
Replied by dave willis on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
Theres a picture of one on flickr that is orange. Im not sure if it is a pmg truck or not. it has a wide neck brentwood low loader behind it. It might be an old RTA truck, not PMG It might give you an idea though.
Dave

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #69301 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
Hi Young Mack , Not the best quality , And not seen for very long ,But exactly what your asking about .

Bigcam I think Put this on You tube .
I have a mate that operated dozers for telstra .Next time i am talking to him ,I will ask if he has any Photos . His time there may be a bit later than the F model era .
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by ianoz.

More
11 years 7 months ago #69302 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
G'day, The fellow driving the dozer is forum member "Fortunate Son",from Balhannah in the Adelaide Hills, who still does work for Telstra on contract. I think you are right about Bigcam posting the video for him. ( he now owns cam's Road Boss) Cheers

More
11 years 6 months ago #69303 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack

Hi Young Mack , Not the best quality , And not seen for very long ,But exactly what your asking about .

Bigcam I think Put this on You tube .
I have a mate that operated dozers for telstra .Next time i am talking to him ,I will ask if he has any Photos . His time there may be a bit later than the F model era .

Not exactly Ian, I reckon that's a Road Commander.

More
11 years 6 months ago #69304 by Sunshine
Replied by Sunshine on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
We have a MIR700 Mack that was manufactured for PMG in July 1978 and I have attached a photo of it in its original colours, It was the 3rd of 10 build for Victoria so I'm told
Sunshine

More
11 years 5 months ago #69305 by m17ch3ll
Replied by m17ch3ll on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
THE F MACKS DEPO WAS/IS CAMP RD BROUDMEDOWS ,TELECOM ORDED THESE BECAUSE THAY COULD GO ON COUNTRY ROADS AS HAVING A FLAT NOSE THAY COULD GO AROUND TIGHT CORNERS AND FIT ON A FLOAT I WORKED WITH THESE EVERY SPRING/SUMMER ALL AROUND GIPPSLAND LAY CABLES ,THERE IS A BOOK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF PMG /TELECOM THAT HAS SOME PICS.THE WHITE ONES WERE POST OFFICE ,COMMONWEALTH,TELECOM GOLD WERE TELECOM ,SOME TIMES TELECOM WOULD BORROW FROM THE FLEET YES THE PAINT WAS CALLED TELECOM GOLD.

More
11 years 5 months ago #69306 by Raggsie
Replied by Raggsie on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
I concur Ian does look like a Road Commander :-/

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

More
11 years 5 months ago #69307 by trucknnuts
Replied by trucknnuts on topic Re: PMG fmodel mack
i have a few photos of the old pmg f model mack with float on the back which were given to me by my great uncle who worked for pmg telecom and telstra. unsure how to upload pics on here as not very good on computers but if you pm me with details i can email you photos

i may be young but trucks and trucking is what keeps me going

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds