Skip to main content

Acco 1630A help

More
15 years 3 months ago #6841 by zillagorilla
Acco 1630A help was created by zillagorilla
Hello, I am new to your forum and would like to ask for some help. I drive (wrestle) a 1978/79 inter acco 1630a to take my horses to cutting clinics and I think the motor is a perkins diesel, would that be correct? (Yes, I am a girl)[smiley=rolleyes.gif])
Also, I need to change the radiator water/fluid and need to know how much is in there.
Thank you all so much in advance for putting up with a newbie.
cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #6842 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Hi Zilla , I noticed you didn' t get a reply to your question and unfortunately I can't help you as I have a Dodge but there are a few International / Perkins diesel men here on the forum.
My son is horse mad too so he suggested I put a reply in to get you back on the front page so to speak.
Good luck with the Inter, I am sure someone will help you out, so hang in there,
regards Harleigh :)

More
15 years 3 months ago #6843 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Hello Zillagorilla,

Im not going to ask how you came up with that name.
Okay now the Acco. From what I can work out it will be a Perkins.
This being the case about 19 liters.
If Atkipete is around he'd be the one to know for sure. Be patient and he will turn up.

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 3 months ago #6844 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Hi Zilla,
Welcome to the forum, if it is a diesel engine it should be either a Perkins 6-354 or an International Neuss D358, fairly similiar engines. If can get the engine number this will enable you to get the correct filters. Dont rely on what is on the rego papers, it may have been changed over. You will need up to 20 litres for an oil change and 35 litres of water and coolant.
After changing the fuel filter/s you have to bleed the fuel through again before it will start. If you can post up a photo of the LHS (passenger ) side of the engine we can explain how to go about it.
Cheers Pete

More
15 years 3 months ago #6845 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
There he is!

Welcome aboard, Zilla.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

15 years 3 months ago #6846 by
Replied by on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Welcome Zilla and i'm not Inters but Atkipete and Podge66 are the blokes for this job but if it had been a early Bedford i maybe able to help. Dave ;D ;D

More
15 years 3 months ago #6847 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
im guessing it will be a perkins .. at least the 630 accos have half decent brakes ..the 510a and similer i think they used brakes from a mini moke ..

15 years 3 months ago #6848 by
Replied by on topic Re: Acco 1630A help

accos have half decent brakes ..the 510a and similer i think they used brakes from a mini moke ..

Now I know, why they wouldn't stop too well. ;D

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
15 years 3 months ago #6849 by zillagorilla
Replied by zillagorilla on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Thank you all so much for your replies :) I will check the truck tomorrow and find more details of the engine number and thankyou Harleigh for putting me on the front page.
The name came about from my jack russell - her name is Zilla (as in god) hence zillagorilla.
My brakes work ok especially after we bled them out and got the wasp mud out of the nipples and refilled the reserviors (up until then, the stopping was a bit ordinary). Aside from that, it drives pretty well, fires up each time and is fairly reliable. Power steering would be nice. I have muscles on my muscles when parking it.
cheers zilla

More
15 years 3 months ago #6850 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Acco 1630A help
Hi Zilla power steering will cost you about $2500.00 for the kit plus fitting. If you have a perkins it will bepainted silver and the power steering pump can mount down low on the right side or mount on the back of the compressor on the left. Podge :)

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds