Skip to main content

My 1958 Dodge

More
11 years 10 months ago #86472 by FatBob103
My 1958 Dodge was created by FatBob103
I found this at Mingenew
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/FatBob103/th_My1958Dodge.jpg?t=1341574764

It currently looks like this
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/FatBob103/th_P7030289.jpg?t=1341573825

And it comes with spare parts
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/FatBob103/th_P7030294.jpg?t=1341575236

The work will start once I get it back to my block which is 700kms away from where it is at the moment - The Great Wall diesel and the new flat top trailer are going to spend a couple of weekends on the raod shifting it.

Any assitance in identifying (confirming) year and model would be appreciated.
It is possible that I am only the third owner

Cheers

Harry

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #86473 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge
Open the bonnet on the passenger side and there will be a plate on the firewall there. Should reveal all.

More
11 years 10 months ago #86474 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge
Wasn't there a power giant there as well?

More
11 years 10 months ago #86475 by slantie
Replied by slantie on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge

Open the bonnet on the passenger side and there will be a plate on the firewall there. Should reveal all.

The plate doesn't reveal 'all' really - but what is written on the data plates one can work out the year and model. The engine no. is also good to know if you can get it. It is located on the left hand side of the block up the top on those Dodge motors!

Keep us up to date on how you get on! ;)

MoPar - And don't you forget it! 8-)

More
11 years 10 months ago #86476 by FatBob103
Replied by FatBob103 on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge
Nope - no Power Giant that I could see just an old Ford Tractor with a leaky sump

Cheers

H

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

More
11 years 10 months ago #86477 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge
The bars or bar is missing out of the grill, 58-9 had one bar and while the 55-57 had 2 bars in the grill. Like slantie said the numbers will give the story away.
This will help you sort it out
www.moparmarketforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25834

More
11 years 9 months ago #86478 by FatBob103
Its home!!
Well at least the rolling chassis and the cab, the rest is another trip and the spare parts is trip in itself. I was going to take a photo, but all it would have been is the previous photo taken in a different location.

Here are the numbers
Engine

More
11 years 9 months ago #86479 by FatBob103
Woops tab is automatic post

Here are the numbers
Engine 3TE1-1646
Drivers side tag BERG-AL4318
Chassis Number 233C-2-250
There appears to be a missing tag from passengers side.

Can those a bit more knowledable than me tell me anymore about my Dodge now that I have the numbers to hand?

Cheers and thanks.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86480 by Desotodav
Replied by Desotodav on topic Re: My 1958 Dodge
I ran the engine number through the registry Harry and it came back with September 1958. Just insert the engine number at this link... www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php .
Moparmarketforum also indicates 58/59 - so I guess the registry would narrow it down a bit better.
Nice looking old truck.

Desotodav

More
11 years 9 months ago #86481 by FatBob103
Thanks DDav

I ran the numbers and a three quarter ton vehicle built in USA pops out.

The plates and info I have from the guy who sold it to me tell a slightly different story. 3 tonner delivered in 1959 but probably put together in the factory in South Aus in 1958.

I thought I was the third owner, but the light Blue colour and the Mobil sign painted on the side of the cab suggests that I may in fact be the fourth owner. Could require a bit of detective work to track its full history.

Next weekend I do another 1200 km round trip to pick up the tray and other bits. The tray is tongue and groove Jarrah and in quite good condition. My brother in law has a floor sanding business so I can hope that he will come to the party on the Jarrah tray.

The spare parts that come with it mean I have at least six wheels and lots of spares. Should be fun putting it togther slowly.

Cheers

Harry :)

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds