Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 5 months ago #94007 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
Thanks for the comments, things are still progressing, the gear box is nearly ready the cost of it has blown out but its got to be done. Looks like the cab might get painted the weekend before Christmas. Hopefully have the motor and box back between the rails by then as well

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94008 by 67mustang
Replied by 67mustang on topic Re: the c line resto
V8 inter nut

I have a mate with a 10speed R/Ranger 610, thinking about grabbing it he wants $1500 for it ???? Not sure if it a good buy and given no other parts, bell housing, clutch, mounting, stick ect with it, gets a little scary given the truck will only be a weekend/ truck show unit

67mustang

More
11 years 5 months ago #94009 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: the c line resto
He isn't doing you too many favours at $1500 with out a bellhousing and gearstick etc I would have thought, though I could be wrong.
Ring a couple of wreckers and see what you can buy one for, that may give you a bit of an idea.
It's always tricky asking for a value on a forum because quite often you arn't getting a commercial value at all.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94010 by v8 inter nut
Ok here is a quick run down on the gearbox. The 510 cost a whole $500 including a blank bell housing. The box came out of a running truck many moons ago so I knew it wasn't stuffed but also new it needed work that's where Eddie came in. It was stripped and cleaned some bearings replaced new syncrows new hi lo switch everything to do with air was replaced (valves, lines Ect) I also needed a new front thing where the thrust bearing runs. he also put an air piston clucth brake on. there may be other stuff to as its not quite ready yet. All up including labour is around $ 1650 then the bell housing which I believe tapered sleeve bushes where made and holes bored was $675. I'm still yet to buy a clutch kit and mount the handbrake I was expecting about $2000 so it's not far of track hope this gives u a bit of an idea 67mustang.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94011 by 67mustang
Replied by 67mustang on topic Re: the c line resto
Thanks for the feed back maybe the 5 speed stays in till a little latter down the track, will keep eyes and ears out along the way

67mustang

More
11 years 5 months ago #94012 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: the c line resto
V8 Inter, just picked up my RTO6613 from Truck Transmissions in Sydney, similar deal. Bought it cheap out of a working truck and just over $2,000 worth of prettying up required including swapping input and output shafts to suit my D Line, and new air control bits, and an additional $260 to machine the bell housing for the gearbox mounts. Good thing they weren't charging arms and legs because I ran out of them years ago ;D ;D

Dennis

More
11 years 5 months ago #94013 by v8 inter nut
Got all the panels lined up ready for some more repairs tomorrow

More
11 years 5 months ago #94014 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: the c line resto
Coming up a treat mate.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
won't be long, you will be out steering it again

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #94015 by v8 inter nut
Anyone got any tips on how to get these screws out besides the obvious impact driver even it won't shift them

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 5 months ago #94016 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: the c line resto
When U have stuft the screw heads with the Impact driver
U could easily drill heads of screws off

or
try a air operated impact screw driver B 4 U get th@ far

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH