Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 5 months ago #94017 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: the c line resto
V8

Using a blunt drift (that covers the screw head) - give them a good smack with a hammer. IE: trying to drive them in a tad. Then give them a squirt of WD40 (or similar) so it puddles above the screw head and then let soak over night.

Hopefully the hit will stretch the thread a bit, loosen at the same time - and then the WD40 can soak in and around them.

Either way - take your time and dont risk having to do more surgary than necessary.

Failing that - go to Swishys suggestion - but make sure the hole you drill in the head is dead centre in case you have to go all the way later.

Oldfulla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94018 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: the c line resto
yup v8.
the swish's and oldfulla's advice is spot on the money....those impact drivers rarely work,except maybe on jap cars, tread softly,and be patient....otherwise....nuke the shite outta them goddam mutha f'en screws and go all out....take no prisoners!!!!

hmmm.....hope this helps.....cheers...
newto

More
11 years 5 months ago #94019 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: the c line resto
V8 Inter, if your step tank is the same as mine, IH thoughtfully manufactured it so that moisture could pool around the thread and rust the cr*p out of it. If you break the screws off in the holes you'll have a devil of a time tying to drill them out without putting a hole in your tank, so I suggest Oldfulla's method.

Dennis

More
11 years 5 months ago #94020 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
been a big day the panel beater got here at 8 am and is still here now at 7.30. i was of all day doing my hc license with i passed :D but here is some pics of todays work. he certinly is very particular she will be the straights around!

More
11 years 5 months ago #94021 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: the c line resto
The panels look Great and congratulations on the licence upgrade

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
11 years 5 months ago #94022 by v8 inter nut
finished final undercoat at 8.30 last night just got to do a final rub down then paint ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #94023 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: the c line resto
Lookin good V8 internut! She'll look magic in her new steppin' out clothes!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 5 months ago #94024 by v8 inter nut
its all happening at once now, the pump is back from its overhaul, gear box is ready to be picked up the stainless pipe has turned up for the air cleaner! now if i could just get some time to get it all together :-/

11 years 5 months ago #94025 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
V8 inter nut

Looking good cant wait to se the final colour.

Before rubbing back the final time my young bloke gives it a lite misting of black paint from a spray can, that makes it a lot easier to see any high & low spots.

Trevor

More
11 years 5 months ago #94026 by v8 inter nut
Thanks slo speed yeah the bloke I'm using does the same I had to get him 3 cans last week. He found dents that I never new about! He won't be doing colour until the 12th of January so there is a bit of a wait. Gives me time to put the motor and box back in ;)

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds