Skip to main content

Possible Resoration Project

More
11 years 4 months ago #102579 by Matt C
Hi all,

My name is Matt & I live in West Gippsland.

I have a Bedford truck L or M I think!! approximately 6m axel to axel, the rear is a single axel with dual wheels on it (GMH engine)
It is currently in the Echuca area and would I like to bring it home, so I`m looking for a cost effective way to transport it the 4hrs home, it hasn`t been started in years and has flat tyres.
The cockey I purchased it from assures me it was driven to it current location and just never used again.
I thought that I would ask if anyone had any advice on how I could go about this or would be able to assist. 8-)
Cheers, Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #102580 by JBran
Well I have some advice on the engine starting bit...If it was driven to it's current location, remove and clean all fuel components, and carby, remove and clean oil sump, new oil filter, get radiator fixed, grease, new oil, get the electrics fixed and fuel and cooling systems working, and it should go. That's at least what I did to my Commer before getting it going. And that was driven into a junkyard and sat for 15 years. :) ;) 8-)

More
11 years 4 months ago #102581 by elgindale
Just pump up the tyres put a bit of petrol down the carby a good battery and drive it home.Thats what I did with this commer that had sat for fourteen years but take some water for when it boils up the hills

More
11 years 4 months ago #102582 by Matt C
Thanks Guys & Happy New Year.

It would be much easier if I was able to drive it home, I was really only considering having it transported home on a back load or some alterantive!!!

Will have to give the driving option more consideration, I do like the idea, and I think the Tyres will need to be replaced & brakes will have to be looked at as well.

I shall head up there again shortly to gather more info and try to get a better idea of what is required.

Cheers, Matt ::)

More
11 years 4 months ago #102583 by steveb
Matt...I may be able help you if you are not in a raging hurry.......42foot beavertail on the old semi is sometimes up in that area. PM me whenever,as I live in East Gippsland,and do about 6 trips up that way each year

More
11 years 4 months ago #102584 by Matt C
Thanks Steve,

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers, Matt 8-)

More
11 years 4 months ago #102585 by farmer brown
Hi Matt. B carefull of the ol parked up and never used line. We cockys tend to put a highly inflated value on stuff we own but wouldnt give 2 bob for if we didnt ;) if you get my drift

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #102586 by Matt C
Hey Farmer Brown,

Yes I get your drift, I have assumed that it doesn`t run or has some sort of issue or it would not have been parked in its current location.

Matt :-/
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Matt C.

More
11 years 4 months ago #102587 by Andy Wright
G'day Matt

Got any piccies of your Beddy? She sounds like a good start. We have a property in Pakenham Upper with my stored Beddies so give us a hoy if you feel lilke a gasbag.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
11 years 4 months ago #102588 by Matt C
Hi Andy,

thanks for the message would love to chat, sure you have plenty of tips for me!!

I have found one pic, but are having trouble uploading! (Some help here would be great) I had many others but they seem to be MIA! I will be heading back up to where she sits at easter I will get some more then.

Had a quick look at the links they look great can`t wait to take mine along to a few events.

Cheers,

Matt

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds