Skip to main content

Possible Resoration Project

More
11 years 4 months ago #102589 by Matt C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #102590 by IHScout
nice one Matt. Looks like an O model to me, but I'm not an expert.

Dennis

More
11 years 4 months ago #102591 by Matt C
Thanks Dennis,

Your guess is as good as mine at the momemt, it does have GMH on the compliance plates, this might nean something to someone out there!!

I did have a whole file of images that have now gone missing...........

Cheers,

Matt 8-)

More
11 years 4 months ago #102592 by IHScout
Matt, there are a couple of threads on here talking about O model Bedfords - have a look at these:
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1262172278
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1351311179

Dennis

More
11 years 4 months ago #102593 by Matt C
Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the links.
I have had a checked them out and reckon that mine is a 1953 onwards, Aussie Cab. The battery is on the passenger side, and the body is curved below the doors. Have also seen GMH on the plate located on the engine bay fire wall (Passanger Side)

CHeers,

Matt 8-)

More
11 years 4 months ago #102594 by Sarge
Matt, I too think it is an O, there should be another plate with the GMH plate that will have a body number, which will have O or ML or K at the start designating its model,
in any case cylinders 5 & 6 are in the cabe between you and the missus then its an O, often called a winter cab, 'cause its nice n warm in winter and about 110 all the time in summer.

Looks in good nick, brakes might be an optional extra and handbrake is usless even if it does work...

good luck keep the happy snaps poping

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 4 months ago #102595 by Bugly
Onya Matt! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] The short-bonnet model was my pick of the Beddies! They did a lot of work in their time, mainly around town deliveries. ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 4 months ago #102596 by truckit
G'day Matt,

Definatly an "O" model, looking at the grill emblem on top it is a late 1953, or last of the "O" model, definatly Australian cab. If it has a cut out / door on the left hand side for the battery and is 12 volt 51 onwasds if no door and six volt pre 51, chassis number is on the firewall plate & the engin number, also chassis number on R/H side front top near steering box, engine number also on R/H side down near fuel pump. put them up and I will give you year date of manufacture.
Looks a good truck.

Charlie

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

More
11 years 4 months ago #102597 by Matt C
Hi Gents,

Its great to have so much interest in my project.

I`m working towards briging her the short 400 or so Km home! with the kind assistance of steveb :)

I will head up over the easter weekend to see if I can at least get her to roll, dump the large bin shes carrying!! and any other things I can do to make transporting it easier.

Fairly sure that the Battery did have a cover over it at one time but the cover is missing. I had photos of both the plates and at all angles, fairly sure the kid out an end to my viewing pleasure >:(

Will load more images over the easter break until then we will have to make do with the existing "1"..............

Cheers, Matt

More
11 years 4 months ago #102598 by Bugly

Its great to have so much interest in my project.

Be assured Matt these things won't happen overnight ... but hang in there, 'cos they WILL happen! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds