Skip to main content

Ford F700 prime mover with trailer

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #141447 by f700
Hi. That F700 Ford is a 1963 model going by the grille and bonnet side emblems. I am pretty sure that was the last year for the y block ohv 272-292 engine in Australian trucks. ROB W is right, the engine and interior photos are of a 1951-52 Ford. It looks to be in good condition by the photos. most of them have got rust in the front of the bonnet and roof like the one I have here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #141448 by oldfulla
Yes - the side banger and that funny looking dash set up doenst fit that model truck.

But everything outside looks right for the age. Its a 1963ish F700 - where as the side bangers (mid 1950's) finished at F600 - and didnt have spider wheels.

So it a bit hard to guess what sort of a mixture it is.

The old 300 6cyl petrols were all right for their day. I remember going to rescue a blokw - F700 - 6 cyl with 20 odd ton of crane jib anc ounter weights. He dropped a piston at the bottom of a hill about 3 mile out of town.

Went and got him with a C1100 Inter A 1 tonner). Got him to start his 5 cylinder to get us up the hill - and then the little Inter did the rest into town.

Oldfulla

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #141449 by prodrive
Great stories, Gilly and OF, thats what it's all about eh..keep em up!
Be great to see this old darling on the road again.
Cheers
Richard

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds