Typical Mb owners no one home ::) ::)

Out buying spare parts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #149374 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: MB 1418

Typical Mb owners no one home ::) ::)

Out buying spare parts

Buc these blokes may have forgotten or to young to know how good these 1418 were you better remind them.

Andrew what about a photo and some information.

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 6 months ago #149375 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: MB 1418
i remember in the 90s a old owner of a truck wreckers was showing me around his yard he had some old Benz diffs etc halfway buried into the ground in his words they were so good he hardly ever could sell any parts for them :-X

More
9 years 6 months ago #149376 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: MB 1418

i remember in the 90s a old owner of a truck wreckers was showing me around his yard he had some old Benz diffs etc halfway buried into the ground in his words they were so good he hardly ever could sell any parts for them :-X

Having driven them in the late 60s I remember something about not splitting either the top two gears or the bottom two, or something used to break in the 2 speed diff.

More
9 years 6 months ago #149377 by d23j
Replied by d23j on topic Re: MB 1418
The things were not a half gear it was a whole gear so it was 5+1 not 5x2 use it at the top or use it at the bottom!

More
9 years 6 months ago #149378 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: MB 1418
I used to drive O-302 coaches with the 2 speed diff, we were told that once you got it into high range you left it there. You shouldn't go back to low range while it was moving.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 6 months ago #149379 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: MB 1418
I've had a couple of benzes a 1724(250hp V8) & I've still got a 1217 rusting away .. Not bad trucks but slow I've never been sure if their hp was actually measured by ponies .. Also I wasn't a fan of the 8 speed zf gearboxes

More
9 years 6 months ago #149380 by d23j
Replied by d23j on topic Re: MB 1418
The 8speed range change was ok if you changed the oil at 1/2 what there listed. it overheated and then you get out your cash. The 12 speed splitter is a better box!

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds