Skip to main content

Studebaker/Reo

More
8 years 9 months ago #161148 by Mairjimmy
Studebaker/Reo was created by Mairjimmy
Seen this today in Corowa at our club meeting and it belongs to one of the members, I said I would put it up here for him. His name is David who worked with Leyland fitting engines to many makes of trucks.

He also has a Austin Champ for sale as well in a little better shape than the Studebaker
He is open to reasonable offers :) :)

It runs and the gears work but the brakes are no good, Hyd, He has the engine cowls,,,,, It must have driven there as I didn't see any sign of it been towed

David on 0408122423

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #161149 by DragonWagon
Replied by DragonWagon on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
Nice, Really Nice old warhorse.

More
8 years 9 months ago #161150 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
very nice, what's he asking? Also what makes it reo?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #161151 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
In 1940 the US Army set a requirement for a 6x6 truck with a 12 ft (3.66 m) long cargo area and 2 1[ch8260]2 ton (2,268 kg) off-road payload. Studebaker and Yellow Coach (a GM brand) submitted very similar models, with many shared components, while International Harvester submitted its own unique design. All three were accepted and in production by 1941.

Studebaker and REO built 219, 882 2 1[ch8260]2-ton (2,268kg) 6x6 and 5-ton (4,536kg) 6x4 trucks in thirteen variations. Studebaker was the primary manufacturer, building 197,678, while REO sub-contracted 22,204 more. Most were exported to the Soviet Union.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Lang.

More
8 years 9 months ago #161152 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
I didn't know of a Studebaker/ Reo, so before I put it up on here I googled Studebaker / Reo and this come up

olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_us6.php

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_US6

He open to reasonable offer, I know what he would except and I think it's reasonable

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 7 months ago #161153 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
sold

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

More
8 years 7 months ago #161154 by Mairjimmy
Well done 253 :) :) does that mean your the buyer or just in the know :-? :-?
Colin

More
8 years 7 months ago #161155 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: Studebaker/Reo
Hi Colin, went up on Saturday to see the Stude and meet up with David. A bit of talk about price went on. he came down a bit, I went up a bit and the deal was done. It's coming to live at my place with my other Studes later on when I can arrange transport. Regards David

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #161156 by Mairjimmy
David, That the way to go, a bit of bartering and hopefully you both go away happy
Colin

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Mairjimmy.

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds