Skip to main content

1948 K2 Austin truck

More
14 years 4 months ago #19187 by bobs
1948 K2 Austin truck was created by bobs
Restoring 1948 K2 Austin truck, does anyone know of another truck or cabin for sale.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #19188 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
Bobs - Check out this 2 year old thread .. you never know .. hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1195453405

There's one in Tassie that will save you a lot of work, if you have the $$'s to spare .. www.truckhub.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?...D=3140858&TabID=3443

Here's one with only 18,000 original miles .. www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Trucks...Result=true&AdOnTop=

Keep your eyes peeled here for clearing sales coming up .. all the upcoming sales will have lists and photos appear in January, and you will often find things like vintage trucks and parts amongst the "sundries" .. there are private sales of trucks, equipment and parts on this first site here, too ..

www.farmclearingsales.com.au/

clearingsales.landmark.com.au/cgi-bin/dm...&ep=url.clearingsale

www.raywhiterural.com.au/clearingsales/

www.clearingsalesoz.com.au/

There appears to be one advertised here in the West, in the Farm Weekly. I dunno where you are, or how far you want to transport stuff .. but if you're on the right coast, I don't think anything on the left coast, is an economic proposition to transport ..

sl.farmonline.com.au/classifieds.aspx?ca...ist=&keywords=austin

More
14 years 4 months ago #19189 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
Bobs...
would this be the beastie you are looking for???? :o :o :o :o

It just so happens I have been in a bit of a dilema trying to decide if I need an Austin Tipper or should I give my wife the house ;D ;D ;D

You might be able to help me decide.

It was in constant use until parked in the shed a few years ago, the tipper is a bit of a farmer special :D :D

let me know what you think :-/

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19190 by bobs
Replied by bobs on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
Thanks for sending, I don't know the year model of your truck, I believe my truck is an earlier model with the rounded off guards.

bobs

More
14 years 4 months ago #19191 by bobs
Thanks for your info it was helpful.
Bob

More
14 years 4 months ago #19192 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
Bobs. There are a few of the older K2's about. The weekly "Land" newspaper lists all farm :) :) clearing sales in NSW, if you have the time to chase them down. If your cab is too rusty it might pay to think in terms of looking for another and using what you have as a donor for the new project

More
14 years 4 months ago #19193 by bobs
Thanks for that Mammoth the k2 austin donor is what I'm after. The truck has been in the shed for 30 years it was complete unfortunately it was used on a farm by people who had no respect or understanding of this old girl [pushing down trees]again thanks bob

More
14 years 4 months ago #19194 by bea
Replied by bea on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
I am trying to sell my Dad's Austin truck for him, we think it is a 1948, not sure though. May be what you are looking for.

More
14 years 4 months ago #19195 by Fridge23
Replied by Fridge23 on topic Re: 1948 K2 Austin truck
Hi Bobs, I too am ready to start restoring a K2. After searching around i have been able to source 2 donor trucks in central Vic and there are more still around. They must have been more popular than I first thought. I will talk to my dad who Im sure told me just the other day that there was another nearby. If there is anyone out there with a good right hand guard I would be grateful to hear from you. Happy hunting
Fridge

More
14 years 4 months ago #19196 by bobs
Thanks for that Bea unfortunately it's not the same model the 48 is more like the Bedford you have in your other post. Good luck with the sale.
Cheers Bob

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds