Skip to main content

White Road Commander or Road Boss Grill WANTED

More
14 years 4 months ago #20443 by Jake Brake
Hi all, I'm looking for a NOS or a very good Grill for my 1978 Road Commander. Road Boss grilles are also the same, any leads would be appreciated.
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #20444 by Rob365
Hi Ray,

Saw your post re: White grille and by chance I was in Campellfield last Sunday doing what else? Looking for old trucks! Hadn't been out there for about 10 years and gee it's (sadly) changed - no more Truck City. Back then there were a few more dealers selling some good looking machinery.

Getting to the point, and without leading anyone on a wild goose chase, I saw a complete R Commander Cab in the front yard of a "wrecker"; and I'm quite sure the grille was there and complete. Cab is black with the "arrows" in silver. Don't know if its for sale or not.

Unfortunately, I didn't have camera with me nor did I note down name of company.

The yard's located in the vicinity of Rex Road and Northbourne Road. There's an old crane in the front too.

I hope this helps you, or perhaps other members might know of the place I'm talking about...?

Cheers

Rob

More
14 years 4 months ago #20445 by Jake Brake
Hi Rob , thanks for the info , yes I do know of that wrecker in Campbellfeild and will give them a call in the morning.
Cheers Ray

More
14 years 4 months ago #20446 by Jake Brake
Hi Rob, I rang the truck wrecker in Campbellfield F.M. Darmanin and asked about the White Road Commander Cab and grill. Yes it's for sale but it has a damaged grill, doors rusty all for the sum of $3000.00. :o I'll keep hunting around I think.
Cheers Ray

More
14 years 4 months ago #20447 by Rob365
Hi Ray,

Good to hear that you found the place and the cab in question. Bugger that the grille didn't work out.

I think they'll be waiting a while for their 3 grand though. Keep an eye on it as it might end up being parted out.

Let you know if I see anything else in my travels.

Cheers
Rob

More
14 years 4 months ago #20448 by Jake Brake
Hi Rob, I've had a phone call from another White truck nut in San Diego, USA this afternoon saying that he has found 1 half of a NOS grill so I've told him I'll take that. But I'm still looking for another side or a complete grill.
Cheers Ray

More
14 years 3 months ago #20449 by Jake Brake
Hi all, I'm still looking for a good grill for my Road Commander, any leads would be appreciated.
Cheers Ray

More
14 years 3 months ago #20450 by theroadbossman
Hi mate, I don't know if you have seen this but...

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This guy has a complete cab and bonnet with grille in it. He tells me he wants near nothing for it. I'd say $100 for the lot
cheers
Bretto

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
14 years 3 months ago #20451 by theroadbossman
Ray, please check your private messages...

Back to your grille dilemma; my truck is a working truck and not a show truck.
If you need that missing grille section or complete grille, and can't find one - then you can have mine (not for free but very very cheap!!.) I'll use something else (Western Star maybe) for my old chook if needed.
cheers and regards, ;)
Bretto

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
14 years 3 months ago #20452 by Old AB
Did notice the add in deals on wheels at Lynch at Hexham. Had a chrome grille shell for a road boss $130. phone Newcastle Trucks Parts 02 49512997. Hope that is the piece you need. ....... Tony

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds