Skip to main content

Transtar 400 for sale

More
4 years 2 months ago #205995 by prodrive
Gday,
My dad bought this old girl many years ago with the view of keeping it for himself-
He had a set of rails put through it as the orginals were stuffed. He then bought a good secondhand cabin for it, and that was as far as it got.
It has sat in the shed since then, 22 years in fact!
I'm assuming that most parts will be there, but can't guarantee it of course...
335 Cummins, (Dad says it was very goodover freely, roadranger trans and eaton diffs.
The cabin and the doors do appear to be virtually rust free, so I guess thats something!
Dad's hoping to get approx $5000 for it, but he'll be a bit flexible I'm sure...
Give me a yell if you are interested and i'll send you more pics.
Cheers
Rich

) which turns
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 months ago #206656 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Transtar 400 for sale
Come on fellas...someone wants a low mileage, one owner, hardly driven and never thrashed (like new in fact) Transtar...
More
4 years 2 months ago #206707 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Transtar 400 for sale
You are right Rich. We all want one (or four) but none of us is game to bring one home.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950
More
4 years 2 months ago #206719 by prodrive
Me too Sarge,
I'd love to do this thing up- Dad used to have one on the road with an 871 in it, single drive car carrier.

BUT reality has to bite somewhere... First one in the doing up line is the C1800, then the 1418.... and neither if them have been touched in years!!
Attachments:
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #207991 by prodrive
Ok guys,
This has to go.... if i can talk the old man into it, price might be about three grand I reckon?
Someone? Anyone?
More
4 years 4 days ago #208847 by prodrive
Sold the old girl- old mate buying her has one with a stuffed cab. So hopefully we will see one of the two resurrected in the future!
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds