Skip to main content

R190 For Sale

More
14 years 3 months ago #21052 by Old AB
R190 For Sale was created by Old AB
Seen R190 for sale on EBay today. Might interest someone. Sorry i dont know how to give you the uplink to it. Only a Truck Driver, Not good at the computer...... Tony.

Keep old inters alive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21053 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: R190 For Sale
me a truckie too but is learning all time ;D

&&Grasp

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #21054 by
Replied by on topic Re: R190 For Sale
That's a real nice, straight old R190 .. that's a dream for restoration. Can't beat those dry country inland areas for keeping bodies in good shape. Love that turntable mounting .. it looks like Dodgy Bros Fabrication & Repairs have been in there .. ;D

RD-450 .. woo-hoo! .. Shhhlurrrrrrppp! .. 1 mpg loaded, and 2 mpg empty .. LOL
Tandem drive, Hendrickson, vacuum brakes, straight 5 speed .. and I think she may even be 6 volt? Not sure when the Inters went over to 12 volt, might have been about 1957? ..

She's not up for auction, it's a classified ad, with an asking price of $6500, or offers ..

cgi.ebay.com.au/International-R190-Prime...0QQitemZ300388476094

More
14 years 3 months ago #21055 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: R190 For Sale
Inters were 12 volt by 1955 and probably earlier. My service manual for the AR162 is full of 12 volt electrics but no mention of 6 volt electrics.

Of course it was built in Australia but the cabs are the same as on the R190

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

14 years 3 months ago #21056 by
I don't know about earlier than 1955. I know a farmer with a 1955 tandem R190 that he bought new, and it's 6 volt. I haven't seen that truck for over 40 years, it was a low-miler then .. and I'll bet it's still a low-miler now. It was only ever a farm truck, and he hauled around a BTD-20 International crawler with as well, on a side-loading low loader. I should pay him a visit again one day, I recall he had a beaut, late 1920's Dennis fire engine in one of the sheds, too.

More
14 years 2 months ago #21057 by davkez
Replied by davkez on topic Re: R190 For Sale
Hey onetrack, hi there, i don't mean to bother you but i noticed you commented about a Dennis fire engine you knew of. Is this something you are able to share with me as i am interested in finding one i can use for kids and santa rides etc etc. Thanks heaps, regards David.

More
14 years 2 months ago #21058 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: R190 For Sale
A Dennis appliance might still be at Denman and for sale, but owner has removed jaguar motor for other projects. The one on ebay was very complete and good condition but did not reach reserve. Hunter valley somewhere I recollect, unless some knows better.

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #21059 by
David - The Dennis is highly unlikely to be for sale, this bloke collects stuff, and it never leaves the property. As I said, I haven't seen the R190 or the Dennis for over 40 years, but I'll wager they're still there on that farm. I'll make some enquiries. The farming area where its located is a very fertile and wealthy area, and its not likely they'd ever need to sell anything because they need the money. It's more likely they've built more sheds to stack stuff in .. :D

Cheers - Ron

More
13 years 11 months ago #21060 by wishart
Replied by wishart on topic Re: R190 For Sale
hi i am looking for a old International R190 for sale in silghtly better condition the the one on ebay.
any offers just post them or message me
:)

More
13 years 11 months ago #21061 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: R190 For Sale
hi wishart
you wouldnt be looking for a 190 to cart old tractors wold you 8-)

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds