Skip to main content

Wanted: 1950s - 1970s era International/Bedford/other

More
2 years 5 months ago #227366 by Driver1901
P.S thanks for all the excellent comments, appreciate you guys taking time to help somebody new!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227367 by Lang
Yes they are all different year F350's. look at the link I put up above and see half a dozen with prices for sale in Victoria right now.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driver1901

More
2 years 5 months ago #227371 by 180wannabe
There is a tidy looking 1968 Ford F700 V8 truck on Farm Clearing Sales at the moment. Also an F600 6 cylinder on Gumtree, listed as "vintage farm truck".
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #227373 by Mrsmackpaul

Thanks! I've had it a few years and am building a few more carriages to pull behind it. I could get a decent trailer but I figure why not do it properly and find something to finish the picture? Plus a decent truck might be able to lug around a traction engine in the future.. just in case!

Regards,

Owen.

My Uncle has miniature trains he takes around on a truck

It started out with just a truck, then a truck and trailer and then a more powerful truck

He even double stacks the rolling stock some times

Anyway I'm getting off the subject now

My uncle has mentioned that height can be a real issue when trying to load and unload and it is very easy to end up to high to safely unload, or so he has mentioned so probably no bigger than say a 4 ton truck as the tray gets to high of the ground very quickly

He also finds some railways are extremely tight to get into.

So maybe no bonnet

And a lot of trucks right up into the late 80s are still pretty slow and can make for a long day if you are travelling any distance

Just some thoughts

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 5 months ago #227378 by JOHN.K.
id be looking at a Swishy style float,close to the ground as possible .....although I know its quite difficult to get a turntable approved on a 16"wheel ute........used to be a rig around brisbane with a small dual wheel Dodge ( 329 maybe) towing a 40ft semi that did boat masts.......the same company now seem to have a conventional car trailer,thats 40ft long.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227380 by Morris
Driver 1901 My Mate's truck has the same sheetmetal as a C line inter. It has a large V8 International motor on Gas and Petrol and runs very well. I expect it will cruise at 80 or 90kph. when loaded. It is physically large enough to carry a traction engine but the weight and height may be too much. It does need some rust repairs and as I said it currently has no tray. Its suitability will depend on whether you plan to crane the Loco on or have a ramp of rails and steam or winch it on. You would need a heavy rigid or just possibly a medium rigid licence.

I have sent you a personal message. (PM) click on Private Messages at the top right of your screen and put in Morris.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 5 months ago #227385 by cobbadog
I too love your trains set and ideas as to what you wish to do. MAybe something like one of the F trucks as the tow vehicle but using a car trailer as the main form of transporting the trains. You could even run some rail track and with a winch carry some on the truck and winch them down onto the trailer as it will be closer to the ground.
Downside is overall length at some venues maybe.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228191 by Driver1901
Hi all,

After looking about I quite like the idea of a mid 50s era F600 as suggested previously. ​Unfortunately, I missed out on a 54' one for sale by a few hundred dollars this weekend.

That being said, has anybody got a 53-56 F600 for sale? Or know somebody who has? It's probably a little bit bigger than what I need for now but it's not going to be a daily driver and I like the look of them!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228192 by hayseed
Hey Driver1901 I reckon this orange Bedford would suit down to the Ground..

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/salewanted/20009-b...ucks-for-sale#228189

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Driver1901

More
2 years 3 months ago #231036 by Driver1901
So after some looking and lurking around, I love the look of the AS and S Internationals. Don't suppose anybody knows of a nice 160 or 182 for sale somewhere in Vic? Saw an S180 come up for sale on Facebook this evening. Gone in less than an hour before I'd had a chance to message them!

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds