Skip to main content

3306 cat exaust manifold

More
13 years 11 months ago #28666 by 555 Cummins
GIVE AWAY i have 2 exaust manifolds off a 3306 cat i dont want them if someone can use them their yours if not they can go to sims

1951 AEC Mammoth Major&&1974 IH ACCO 2050A&&1979 IH ACCO 1710B&&197? McGrath

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #28667 by
Replied by on topic Re: 3306 cat exaust manifold
What machine was the 3306 fitted into? Do you have P/No's? The manifolds came in different shaped/positioned exhaust outlets, according to engine application.
There were no less than 19 different Cat machines fitted with 3306's .. and then there were industrial, genset, marine, agricultural, truck and fire pump applications as well .. :D
What kind of condition are they in? Really corroded? Good condition? Retaining bolt lugs O.K.?? I wouldn't want to outlay $0.00, and then find they were the wrong ones .. :D ;D ;)

More
13 years 11 months ago #28668 by 555 Cummins
i know nothing about cat stuff so i will get some pics soon................

More
13 years 11 months ago #28669 by kennymopar2
gee talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth :-X

13 years 11 months ago #28670 by
kennymopar2

I dont blame onetrack for asking the questions as it is bloody costly to freight stuff from Newcastle to Perth even if you get it for nothing.

Trevor

13 years 11 months ago #28671 by
Yes, I wasn't just looking a gift horse in the mouth .. I was just trying to find out exactly what 555 Cummins had, and whether I could find a use for it, or if it was even worth freighting. The manifolds could be either scrap, or sought after, depending on a lot of factors. I can tell him what he's got, and whether it's useful, if I get some more info .. and a couple of pics would be good. If they are good items, I don't mind paying something for them, or for his time, strapping them to a pallet for pickup. Freight costs are highly variable, some weeks it's good, other times it can be a bit pricey. I make use of the online brokers to ensure I get a good price. I got a 9kg box of tools freighted to Perth from Sydney for $11 last week, even AustPost can't beat that.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #28672 by kennymopar2
would of been simple to tell him what you needed them for ..instead of giving the poor bugga a headache

~ :D~
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by kennymopar2.

13 years 11 months ago #28673 by
onetreack

What is the broker site you use and do they do other states or just to Perth, it just cost me $25 for a 6kg package from Sydney to Melbourne by Australia Post.

Trevor

13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #28674 by
Trevor - I use Temando ( www.courierquote.com.au ) or SmartSend ( www.smartsend.com.au ). SmartSend works on getting a lot of eBay business .. but they are generally dearer. SmartSend use Allied Express exclusively .. but Temando gets quotes from up to 4 freight crowds, giving you a good choice. They both do deliveries to any place in Australia that is serviced by any freight crowd.

Temando require more info from you, and they require phone numbers and email addresses of both sender and receiver. You MUST fill in EVERY detail or you don't get a quote. Also, Temando generally offer cheaper quotes if both sender and receiver are ticked as business addresses.

They both send out a PDF file of the con-note, that you print out and attach to the box/carton/pallet. I've had a few hassles with Temando and the con-note file lately.
SmartSend send you the con-note file, and you forward it to the sender, if you're the receiver.

Temando used to send it to the person booking the job, directly in an email. Then they changed it to a different setup where you had to go to the Temando website and log in to your account, and retrieve it from the site. The last time, they sent it directly to the sender, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I rang up Matt, the bloke who runs Temando (you contact him directly on his mobile number), and we had a good chat about the stuff-ups.

He said part of the problem was that he was still integrating his website with the freight companies websites, so the booking goes straight onto the companies online booking system, once you've selected a particular company.
Online booking is the way to go, it's cheaper and there's no hassles with handwriting no-one can understand .. plus, they use bar-code readers to reduce mistakes. A lot of the companies are charging extra to write out con-notes by hand, now.

Everything works good, as long as the courier pick-up dopes read the instructions. The contract pick-up couriers are where most hassles occur.
Not surprisingly, the average pick-up courier always seems to a "Pacific Islander" type, with a heap of tatts, and a few front teeth missing (both male and female! ;D ) ..

One constant hassle I'm having, is .. you tick the "call before pickup" box .. and the brain-dead courier never reads the instructions, and rocks up 4 hrs before the item is packed, and ready to go .. :(

More
13 years 11 months ago #28675 by 555 Cummins
As i said before i know nothing about cat engines, but these manifolds have never been used so i will let the pics do the talking..............
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/draper110/3306/DSCF8559.jpg?t=1274693371
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/draper110/3306/DSCF8555.jpg?t=1274693496
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/draper110/3306/DSCF8567.jpg?t=1274693566

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds