Skip to main content

Dodge power divider lock-out.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36525 by 2dogs
Can anybody help out with locating the electric shift motor that locks-out the power divider diff on a Dodge 700 bogie? It has Rockwell SHHD's.Probably need the mounting bracket too? Can anyone post a pic so I know what to look for?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36526 by Sarge
2 dogs, you are not too far away so I would ring or call at Midland Wreckers... Bob may have what you want but will know what you are taliking about...

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36527 by JimmyDodge
Hi 2 Dogs, can you see if he has one for me too as mine is missing as well.
regards Harleigh.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36528 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge power divider lock-out.
2dogs - I've never heard of a Rockwell SHHD .. I presume you meant SSHD? .. :-/

The motor appears to be Eaton P/N 040635. It sells for US$195.00 in the States .. I'd say DriveTrain would be worth a try, locally ..

www.finditparts.com/products/eaton-repl-040635

AxleTech is the new name of the company formerly known as Arvin Meritor-Rockwell .. :(

www.drivetrainpower.com/default.aspx?MenuID=287

More
13 years 6 months ago #36529 by Dodge fred
The doge workshop manual says the shift motor is the same for SHHD tandem as the two speed shift motor i remeber Wagga truck & tractor had them on Ebay not that long ago but im not shaw about the mount for them, hope this is some help.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36530 by
Here ya go .. this bloke on eBay reckons this 2 speed shift motor is the one and the same motor, as the power divider motor .. as he says it's a direct replacement for Dana P/N 40635 (which is the same as Eaton P/N 040635) .. ;) .. and only US$38.95, plus probably about the same in postage .. ;)

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dana-Eaton-2-Two...-Motor-/350078262252

More
13 years 6 months ago #36531 by bigcam
Ron, it won't be SSHD, they arte 44,000lb, the old Dodge would be flat out trying to wear them out. I've only ever seen air shift's on the power divider on all Rockwell diffs. Having just typed that, I was talking to a bloke this morning who was looking at a D5N with a Perkins, 5X3 tandem with vacuum assisted brakes, so they must have had something other than air to make them work.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36532 by
Cam, I think you'll find they had a variety of methods of power divider lockout operation, ranging from vacuum cylinders, to air cylinders, to electric shift.

My old tandem ACCO, a '68 Perkins-powered ACCO-DF-1840, with the Eaton RA-341 tandem, only had vacuum/hydraulic brakes, and I'm pretty sure the power divider lockout on that, was vacuum operated .. been a long time, the memory isn't as good as it should be .. :)

You're right, the Dodge would only have had a 34,000 lb back end, too .. and I'm fairly sure it would have been an Eaton, not a Rockwell.
The Eatons had round tubing in the housings, the Rockwells had square tubing, and I'm pretty sure the Rockwells never appeared until about 1972, when the first of the new square-cab ACCO's appeared .. :)

13 years 6 months ago #36533 by
Rockwell had a big range of tandam diffs. Many would be non current and a few wouldn't of made it here to OZ
SSHD STHD SUHD SUDD SDHD SFHD SHHD SLHD SQHD SRHD SSHDA SQHP......

More
13 years 6 months ago #36534 by bigcam
Ron, I thought a lot of the old Dodge's and ACCO's had 30,000lb diffs in them, I thought the 34,000lb one's where the big gear.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds