Skip to main content

Dodge power divider lock-out.

13 years 6 months ago #36535 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge power divider lock-out.
Cam, I never knew they were that light, I thought 34,000 lbs was the lightest. Good to know I had the "heavy duty" back end in the ACCO, then .. ;D ;D

Here's a diff models listing .. and it shows the SHHD .. and it IS only 30,000 lbs .. ;)

www.truckbitsaust.com.au/Services/Diff.htm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36536 by bigcam

More
13 years 6 months ago #36537 by JimmyDodge
Hi All , yep, in my factory Dodge D5N manual , and on the Rockwell diff tag on mine it definitely says SHHD. My son inquired at a truck diff centre near our place about re ratioing our diffs for a higher road speed from the 6.16diffs in it now, and the proprietor said he he had never heard of a Rockwell SHHD diff before , so don't feel bad..Harleigh.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36538 by bigcam
Harliegh, 6.16 ain't to bad mate, mine's got a 7.7. You've only got to get an OD gearbox and your's will fly.

13 years 6 months ago #36539 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dodge power divider lock-out.
Cam, it would have been nice if that axle info page was scanned, so we could read it. Are you doing that to us on purpose?? .. ;D

I zoomed the screen resolution, and I can see that the RA-341 is only 30,000 lbs, anyway. I always thought it was 34,000 lbs. Just goes to show what ya learn, as ya get older .. ;D

More
13 years 6 months ago #36540 by 2dogs
Thanks one and all. The Dodge definately has Rockwell axles(square tubes), the book says SHHD. Pity no one has a pic of the shift motor mounted up. But I can get access to a PM tandem, so I will try that first to see what is actually fitted.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36541 by 600Dodge
I can take a photo of mine but how do I post it on the forum? BTW mine has square axle tubes as well.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36542 by 2dogs
Would sure like a pic, 600Dodge, unfortunately I don't know how to post pics either. May have to troll through the Help section? Do you know which way the rod moves (in or out) to Lock-out the power divider? All I have are the bare end of shaft and two wires hanging in the breeze where the shift motor used to reside!

More
13 years 6 months ago #36543 by 600Dodge
Not sure mate, I haven't long had my 700, its just parked in the shed while I sort out some other projects and do some more concreteing so I have more space to work on it, I do know that when I first got it home it seemed like the divider was permanently locked in so maybe mine isn't working as it should, I'll have a look in the manual I have and see if this sheds any light.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36544 by 600Dodge
Okay, Just had a look in the manual and it shows that as you look at the axle if you push the power divider shaft in it engages the collar on the shaft, so I read it as shaft in, divider engaged, shaft out divider free. If you would like me to email you some photos of the mount etc, just send me a message with your email address and I'll whip them through.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds