Skip to main content

WANTED : Leyland Instrument panel

More
15 years 9 months ago #3193 by Rookie
Wanted Leyland Instrument panel to suit 1947 bus that I am restoring. I have the instruments, just need the black panel as shown. Would have been fitted to trucks and buses from the period.
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3194 by Andy Wright
Thought I might have been able to help you there, mate but I only have panels from LAD cabs and later Super Hippos.

What sources have you tried already? I might be able to recommend a few people if you don't mind a part from interstate. Will PM you.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

15 years 9 months ago #3195 by
Had chat to KW he thinks you should try The Tramway Museum at Bylands Vic, Bus and Coach Society Vic . Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #3196 by Rookie
Thanks for following this up. I have tried the Bylands museum a couple of years ago without success, although Keith Kings was kind enough to gave me a personal tour of the shed out the back. I'd love to restore one of those Leyland TS8's.

Haven't tried the Bus & Coach society yet. They had a web site which no longer works. I've got an old postal address which I assume is the correct one.

I thought the instruments would be harder to get but I've picked up NOS speedos at swap meets, and the other guages on e-pay. The instrument panel is a bit more elusive.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3197 by Rookie
Still chasing an early Leyland instrument panel. Thought I'd try again with a few more members on here now. Refer to picture above.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Rookie.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3198 by Bugly
Hey Rookie ... if this is a flat panel with a rounded beading on the edge, it wouldn't/shouldn't be too hard for a metalshaper to make one up. The instrument holes can be punched or drilled/cut/filed and a crinkle enamel finish can come from an aerosol spray-pack! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3199 by Beaver
Have you tried the Sydney Bus Museum ??

They have a lot of old parts.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Beaver.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3200 by mammoth
The panels were made by CAV/Lucas as a catalogue item and had a gloss finish. although Ids2bc

More
12 years 4 months ago #3201 by busntruck
Joe Fogarty cut up a leyland bus a few years ago and i think he kept the dash/gauzes, I will private message his phone no to you.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
12 years 4 months ago #3202 by Dingodan
Sorry mate, Im sure I have one somewhere but just cant find it right now, will keep it in mind. In the meantime I have a very good steering wheel, the electrical switch box from the cab, mirror from top of stairs, "stop" light from back a hand rail from rear platform and some passanger cab lights with glass covers, oh and some "Sydney" headlights...and I think some glass from the drivers door with the stainless frame...any of that of use to you?
PM or email me...What fleet # bus you working on?

DD

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds