Skip to main content

Wanted WA 60s 70s Dodge inter Ford

More
13 years 4 months ago #40866 by Johnp
Hi guys ,were chasing a Dodge at4/d5n,Ford F600-F700,D series Acco or similar pref lic or at least could be driven home on a permit,tray or tip body that can be made to carry a car,pet/diesel ,not knackered or too flash either some rust / mech issues OK near or not too far from Perth ,reasonably priced.everything looked at,any leads?John 9572 9907

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #40867 by
John - Here's a Ford Cargo 1515 on 20" wheels at Kulja, that's been for sale for about 6 mths. It has a cogbox problem. Not sure if the tray is long enough for you, it only looks to be about 15' (4.6M).
It should be valued at about $3000 if licenced, or $2500 if not .. if you can pick it up for that, it wouldn't be a bad buy. Not sure what the engine is, I'm presuming it's a diesel.

www.cockymart.com.au/details.php?id=949

There's a D Series Ford on 16" wheels with a 16' tray and the Canadian 6 petrol motor, in Boyup Brook. He wants $3000, but for a 1972 model, he'll be doing well to get $2000. Pretty tidy little truck, and still licenced.

perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Mot...o-W0QQAdIdZ247182334

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #40868 by Johnp
Thanks onetrack,D series is on farm lic i think and would have to go over pits again,cargo may be alright but where the bloody hell is Kulja? never heered of it afore.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Johnp.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40869 by tim
Johnp, howdy mate, according to my HEMA map book Kulja, on map # 84 H6, is in the Bush!!!!
Just East of Burakin on the road to Beacon. North east of Northam by about 155 km. Up above Goomalling.
Hope that helps you mate.Cheers Tim ;) ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 4 months ago #40870 by Johnp
Thanks Tim i just remembered google maps and had a look,im a bit challenged with my use of computers(read Dinosaur)but thanks for that,its about a 2.5 hour drive from my place hidden behind a black stump

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #40871 by
John - Sorry, I thought ya knew ya way around W.A.! ;D After having been a wheatbelt contractor, I know every back road, every siding, and every 2 man-and-a-dog town in W.A. :D

Yeah, it's a little way out .. SE of Kalannie and just NE of Burakin. Nice drive if ya don't mind a lot of featureless Northern wheatbelt .. :D Good roads up there, though.

Didn't think that a vehicle on farm licence would have to go over the pits again? Need to check on that angle.

maps.google.com.au/maps?q=kulja%20wester...-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

More
13 years 4 months ago #40872 by Johnp
Yeah Ron,not 100% sure but if its like club rego they have to,to,go back on full reg, may be wrong if anyone knows for sure it might be handy to know,i got caught out with a vintage car not knowing the rules

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #40873 by
John, the problem with the W.A. DOT is that they are such a massive bureaucracy, they don't even know their own rules and regulations, or they are subject to interpretation according to the official you're dealing with.
Try asking them about permits to move a vehicle interstate, and you'll get 5 different interpretations.

The farm licence, along with the vintage car club licence, is a concession licence. The concession licences are listed on the following link, below.
If a vehicle is licenced in ANY form, to go on the road, it needs to be inspected ("examined" in W.A. DOT-speak).

The only time a vehicle needs to be inspected again, if ownership is being transferred, is ..

1. If a vehicle is being transferred from interstate, and you've owned it for less than 12 mths (I dunno what departmental idiocy decided, that owning a vehicle for 12 mths in another state, makes it fit for re-licensing in W.A., without inspection?) ..

2. If the licence has lapsed for more than 3 mths ..

3. If the vehicle has been issued with a yellow sticker ..

I have purchased numerous Govt vehicles from auctions, that had been licenced on the Govt vehicle concessional rate. All that was needed was a re-rating of the licence to full licence, and payment of the additional amount to bring it up to full rego.

A farm licence, along with club licence, are concessional licences, that require the vehicle to be inspected. All that's different, is the restrictions set on vehicle useage, and the Insurance Commission sets a different insurance rate for these vehicles.

There is no way, that a vehicle on farm plates, should require vehicle examination again, if you purchase it.
If you've been made to do a re-examination on a concessional licence upgrade, previously .. I'd say you've been conned by a DOT official who doesn't know their own regulations.

I cannot find anything in the regulations that says ownership of a vehicle being transferred from one person to another, and the licence being upgraded from concessional licence to full licence, requires a vehicle re-examination.

Concession licences .. www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/21061.asp

Vehicle examination .. www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/21100.asp

(If you search the DOT site, use the A-Z finder - the search engine is utterly useless .. )

More
13 years 4 months ago #40874 by Johnp
Ron its buyer beware according to sheila i just spoke to at transport.seasonal lic may be OK but most other concession types do need an inspection ,should ring the D guy see if he,s confident about just paying up the full reg.like i said i enquired about this with a post vintage 38 Chev i bought only to find out i did need inspection,would have been alright if i joined a club then i could have transfered it to me,still on concession

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #40875 by
John, that sounds like the typical BS that the W.A. DOT gets involved in. You sit down and argue with them, and they'll back down. They make the rules up as they go along, because there's so many grey areas.

The D series has been inspected for on-road work, and it's a road-going vehicle .. where's the justification for another examination?
The only difference between the concessional farm licence, and full licence, is that he's restricted to the area around his farming operation.

It's just Govt Dept lackeys making more work for their underworked mates, and more $$$$'s for the Govt. The DOT is the worst Govt Dept I've ever dealt with.

I've just had a run-in with them over a trailer I sold a bloke. He was supposed to pay it off, but never paid me in full. I retained the licence, and he was paying the licence as it fell due.
He appears to have skipped to the East Coast, he's just vanished off the face of the Earth, and I can't find him - or the trailer - anywhere.

He stopped paying the licence on the trailer, and I got a $100 bluey from DOT for non-return of plates. I went in and argued the toss with them .. asking how I'm supposed to return plates? .. when I don't even know where the trailer is? .. ::)

The woman in the DOT kept going back and seeing her supervisor every time I popped a curly question (supervisor wouldn't talk to ME, though!!) .. then they made me sign form after form, then they cancelled the bluey, just like that! :-?

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds