Skip to main content

Wanted WA 60s 70s Dodge inter Ford

More
13 years 4 months ago #40886 by Thunders-Truk
Johnp, what do you call a pillarless car with 4 doors then?

We didn't get too many here compared to the US, but they're just called a 4 door hardtop compared to a 4 door sedan which has the pillars. ;)

Here's one for the car nuts, where does the word 'sedan' originate from ??

Tony C.

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40887 by Fuller-Vit
If memory serves a sedan was a chair carried by 2 or 4 bearers transporting those of importance.
BIDSTBC ;)

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
13 years 4 months ago #40888 by Thunders-Truk
You're right Fuller-Vit it was a 'sedan chair' usually carried by 2 men, one front, one rear, the problem they had was the chair/box was too high for the guy in the rear to see where the front bloke was going, consequently they used to zig zag all over the place, if they were in a hurry and running and the guys got out of step all hell used to break loose inside the box as the passenger got shaken to bits. ;D
Tony

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

More
13 years 4 months ago #40889 by Johnp
fuller-vit & thunders-truk (sounds like a good title for a movie) i think i must still be driving one of the last model sedanchairs you describe as i am important and my back wheels cant see what the fronts are doing either consequently zig-zagging does occur,i am always in a hurry ,my gears in a box too like breaking loose and and me and my passengers still get shaken around,im buying a hardtop next time!,oh wait i forgot i did own a 71 Dodge Phoenix hardtop once and come to think of it it did drive really well

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds