Skip to main content

BCC 10x6 for sale

More
12 years 9 months ago #59142 by Kenworth_10x6
It looks like the Brisbane City Council might be finally selling it's Kenworth L700 10x6 Tilt tray. It is an odd ball, I haven't seen too many like it. Also odd is it is a 1986 possibly delivered 1987 model. Not too many Councils would keep gear that long, but it was handy. It was delivered to Fowles on Friday so should appear on their website soon. It has a 300 Cummins, 15 speed RR and tri-drive Rockwells, but a bit slow. Legal to 31 tonne but plated if I remember to 41 tonne GVM and somewhere like 70- 80 tonne GCM not that you would want to try to turn it with a trailer on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #59143 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale

10x6 = 60
Gudday M8

Noice find
me thinks Eeeeeee n OZ from FNQ would look good steerin th@ beast instead of the V truck
LOL
B hard for any Govt dept to justify have n a tilt tray,
as a snap of the fingers on the fone n he could have
lots.... want n the work @ very competive prices

www.manheim.com.au/ttpm/items/3167931/19...ngPage=SearchResults

Thaz a very hi deck height

Me thinx for a good rugged strong back, light weight tilt tray U need one of these jiggerz

Most proven by there success n popularity

[img

Clikity ClikClikClik

LOL

Here 2 Help the needy n not the Greedy

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #59144 by
Replied by on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
That tray looks like it built to carry Cat D10's! WTF would a council need a rig like that for?? Talk about overkill in the metal strength dept!
I guess if you were carrying really big rollers, you might need some strength in the tray .. but councils don't usually have much really big stuff.

Saw a really sharp-looking semi-tilt tray (Zenith Lowloaders was the name) unloading near my shop yesterday.
It was a flat-deck tri-axle, that's running 17.5" wheels on the tri, and the tri bogie slides right forward up under the deck, making for a sweet loading angle.
He was tilted when I went past, and I never saw anyone around, and never had my camera with me.
I haven't seen a tilt trailer like it before, and I was wondering who had built it. Maybe BC knows what the opposition is building?
I can't see the tilt tray listed on their site, it must be fairly new. And yes, Swish, it was being dragged by a fairly new (cough) V-x-x-x-x .. :-/

• Swishy
More
12 years 9 months ago #59145 by Swishy

Juan Trak
Gudday M8

RE: never had my camera with me
Wot good R U
a truck enthusist without a camera
is like a fish with out water

LOL

me might B rong again
but me thinks Brisbane City council covers the entire Brisbane area
not like here .........where we have local councils within the Melbourne area

Cya
[ch9787]

More
12 years 9 months ago #59146 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
That little jigger replaced this jigger, done a mighty fine job of it for many years too.

It could get into places with it's load, that you could NEVER get the Drake into.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 9 months ago #59147 by Kenworth_10x6
Replied by Kenworth_10x6 on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Deck is a bit high, 1500mm at the top of the rails, the deck is about an inch lower inside the rails. Council tippers are always spec'd at 3.0 metres to fit under the asphalt plant so trucks could be loaded on to the KW and run around town just under 4.6 m. I did shift higher trucks, even the field service truck which put the total height around 5.0 metres. You will find most mid size eqipment around the 3.0 metres so could be carried. I see they put tool boxes on the deck, which would be a pain. A CAT 12G grader can fit on the deck with out those things as well as Scania 8x4 tippers the Council had for a while. I also used to shift a 943 Cat tracked loader, and occasionally 16 tonne Franna cranes. The truck used to have an overload permit to 36 tonne GVM but that was not able to be renewed and there is a story behind that. The truck weighs about 16 tonne, so really couldn't carry much more than an 8x4 leagally. There is a picture of it with a high sprocket D6 on board in the tri-drive thread.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #59148 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
A bit like this Ron? There is another bogie one we built down at Australind as well.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59149 by Fuller-Vit
Replied by Fuller-Vit on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Great Trailer Big Cam.
Did you build the the that Barron River towing has up here?

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

• Swishy
More
12 years 9 months ago #59150 by Swishy

Big C
Gudday M8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m cummin

Q:? Wot n how do U power the tandem on trl to slide?

Inquiren Mindz ..................U kno
LOL
Cya
[ch9786]

More
12 years 9 months ago #59151 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Fuller Vit, Barron River's trailer was made by a bloke down south I think, we stole a few idea's there and not much else.

Swishy, while you were on our website you only had to go down to the "Trailer Gallery" mate. The whole thing is hydraulic, 2 X 3m rams out of a tilt tray roll the wheels. First one is in Cloncurry , number 2 in Australind W.A. number 3 in Mackay, and number 4 is being built at the moment. Blokes in the bush love them, plenty of ground clearence and you can overload if you're that way inclined. The gallery- seqtt.com.au/index.php?option=com_conten...view&id=44&Itemid=55
And the video- seqtt.com.au/index.php?option=com_conten...view&id=44&Itemid=55

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds