Skip to main content

BCC 10x6 for sale

More
12 years 9 months ago #59152 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Hey Swishy , Why would i buy a kenworth , when i can keep posting photos of the volvo , just to upset you ;) :D ;D.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 9 months ago #59153 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee n Oz
Gudday M8

Jist 4 U

Jist sew U kno wot day tiz

LOL

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 9 months ago #59154 by
Replied by on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Cam, this Zenith tilt-tray semi has no lift rams at the front, it just sits on a regular turntable and the tri-axle bogie just moves foward to lower the arse end onto the ground.
I've never seen one like it before, and didn't stop to have a squiz at any makers plate. I'd guess the deck rides out-of level, when raised, with a drop to the rear, with that 17.5" tri bogie under it.
Besides, there wasn't anyone around the truck to ask, it was just parked at the side of the road with the deck tilted, near a car wreckers .. and I'm not exactly sure what he'd brought, in or was taking out.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59155 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
I've seen similar one's Ron, bigest drawback is that you can't stand them up to tip something off.

More
12 years 6 months ago #59156 by Kenworth_10x6
Replied by Kenworth_10x6 on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Great model Greenie. After the Mack came a Benz 2635 and a spread quad Drake float. The Benz had a winch so it did a bit of recovery as well as the KW 10x6. The Benz also had an electric retarder on the drive shaft which worked well I heard, as I presume the Benz engine brake did nothing. The KW came with swing out deck wideners as it was used a bit to shift road pavers, but the deck angle was a big killer and the wideners where removed. The screed on a paver does not lift very high. By time I got into the seat of the KW the Benz had been sold so it was the main recovery unit. I did pick up a few broken pavers using wooden blocks etc to lessen the ramp angle. Plus if you drop the air out of the bags and drop the tilt to the point it starts to lift off the ground the angle dropped quite a bit. Then using your brain, wooden blocks and patience you could pick up a paver. The tack spray ( bitumen spray )trucks were most probably worse. The spray bar was about a metre or more back from the rear axle and low to reduce over spray. Even the heros in the underlifts couldn't shift these. Once again a bit of time and patience and these too where rescued. A bugger to chain down as everything underneath was covered in tar spray.

Anyway, the Kenworth 10x6 sold at auction for $90 000 + GST to a "private" buyer. They may have been a dealer but only listed as private. I think that price for an old truck is good and I suppose it will be going to work as soon as possible. BCC kept it in good condition so it would be ready for work although the slide rails on tray where quite worn when I drove it.

More
12 years 4 months ago #59157 by youngmack
Replied by youngmack on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
seeing that old f model of bcc's remindeds me off pmg telecoms float truck i have 2 of them sitting in the she at home i wonder does anyone have any pics of one???

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #59158 by Malfunction
Replied by Malfunction on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
I remember the PMG's twin steer floats and have a picture of them, but sorry only in my memory.
So is that two F models or the PMGs in the shed?

I worked on the old F/R after it arrived in '78 to replace the Federal. it was big power then of 375hp. Jeez it was a rough truck bobtail.
The 4 rows of 8 trailer had a metre and bit extension put in between the 2&3 axles around christmas '84, due to either weight or length changes.
I rebushed the trunnions on the axles at the same time as extending all the hyd suspension and brake hoses.
The jigger was gone in '86 or '87 replaced by the Benz.

Of that model too I just noticed the Danger sign, I thought was perched above the back of the cab between the intake and exhaust stack frames. I was only speaking to the son of the maker of the model on Wednesday,(he had hit 31 years in Council recently) he said the model did sell but can't remember where it went.

I remember my first day in Council and the model of the James Holt Ferry (now "The Island") precursor to the Gateway Bridge used to be in the Plant Engineer Eric Sivell's office.
$90k that was a pretty big price I would have thought.
I like the truck but 90?
The BCC's 10 x 6 gained a bit of a controversy in the papers when it first arrived in 86/7 about the flexing of the tray on tilting with the said heavy rollers and graders Council used to have. The last time I drove it 3 years back, I was asked to pick up a Hitachi excavator from Willawong and return to CF, Col C loaded it and bolted it down. I enjoyed driving her, you just had to pre plan your line on turning corners.

I went into the Toowong Bus Workshops Engine Overhaul area for a visit with the Dyno on the back, after you had dropped it at Mt Coot-tha Quarry. I went to turn into the gate and bugger me, I should have started turning about a foot before, going up the hill. I just gave the gate a little nudge with the lower left bumper as I went through it (I wasn't the first to take the paint off the bar).

I still hear now how they went to close the gate that night and they don't believe me that it was only a nudge.

I used it once to pick up a 1946 White normal cab bus, for a resto project, unfortunately I couldn't keep it without having the place to complete it.

They have downsized dramatically, and now realized the amount of money that has been going out on subbies, they need to do something about it, so we will probably see things arrive again.
Being in Council its like waiting for a monorail. If you wait long enough the same one will come round again.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Malfunction.

More
12 years 4 months ago #59159 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
Hi Mal, i saw the KW just off Ipswich road the other day, it's got Fenwick Drilling written on the door now.

More
12 years 4 months ago #59160 by youngmack
Replied by youngmack on topic Re: BCC 10x6 for sale
hey mal it 2 pmg f models in the shed ive got haha and a mental image will only be as useful to me as airbag suspension on a muddy track haha

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds