Skip to main content

bedford on ebay

More
11 years 5 months ago #98453 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: bedford on ebay
Good on ya mate

Look forward to it..

Appreciate the effort some of you blokes are making..
Good to see some genuine participation.. ;)

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98454 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: bedford on ebay
Onya 71D! Looking forward to seeing your project evolve. Och aye me hearty, there's some crusty souls amongst us, but at the end of the day as Chocs said "thank God we're all different!"

There are some who prefer old iron to remain original, and that's their point of view and respected. But respected too is the point of view of those who choose to make their truck a little different! There's room for them all!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 5 months ago #98455 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: bedford on ebay
Far to often it happens that someone puts up something that someone else shitecans as not being origonal or pure.
They are all old trucks/tractors/machinery, and as Gareth pionted out, nearly all the stuff the purists keep to be origonal ends up going to scrap at some piont (the end generally).
Please don't let one person's views stop you putting up some pictures of your other project, there are are more of us interested than not. Funny thing, 4 or 5 people out of every couple of hundred that don't like your idea's and the rest of us will miss out.
As for your Bedford, I thought the later ones came out with 253's or 308's, I could very easily be wrong here, though I know the trimatic was never offered. I see it has seatbelts as well as a collapsable steering colomn as well. Some of us may beleive we will never have an accident, but I'd much rather drive something with seatbelts and a collapsable colomn than something with out them. Who cares at the end of the day (except a pureist), there is as much effort gone into repowering that as repowering a bigger truck.
All most all of us enjoy seeing others engineering skills at work, so whatever you are doing to that Inter, please give us all a look.
Good luck with the sale.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98456 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: bedford on ebay
If anyone is wondering where the last few posts went they have been deleted in that they are nothing more than baiting. It is a disappionting thing to see.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98457 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: bedford on ebay
nice little unit 71, love to see the look on some hoons faces when ya took off at traffic lights beside them...jk ;D ;D

Lotsa Big Toys

More
11 years 5 months ago #98458 by Dingodan
Replied by Dingodan on topic Re: bedford on ebay
Good on ya D71! Nice looking unit and always remember Only dead fish swim with the current...... There's two J1's on Fleabay right now and I can see the nay sayers trundling up the highway to save them from us "rodders"...no?...money where the mouth is lads.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98459 by clarkie383
Replied by clarkie383 on topic Re: bedford on ebay

If anyone is wondering where the last few posts went they have been deleted in that they are nothing more than baiting. It is a disappionting thing to see.

Thank you,i did miss the posts but as you say not helpful.
Also we may not agree with the choices of the owner but it is HIS vehicle to be built his way.
Well done 71 detroit and bring on the Inter resto thread.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98460 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: bedford on ebay
don't forget that preserving / restoring vehicles to an 'as finished active duty' condition is just as valid as restoring them to as left the factory, particularly if they spent a large period of their life so modified.

I have seen that many V8 bedfords that I thought it was a factory option but it is not an uncommon conversion. Many trucks (and cars) received a motor upgrade when the original wore out

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
11 years 5 months ago #98461 by HARDSHAR
Replied by HARDSHAR on topic Re: bedford on ebay
Sorry bparo i,m a bit off topic but you said that you had seen so many v8 Bedfords you thought they were a factory option, well they were in the TK range and one is my next restoration. They had a sticker on the side engine cover that proudly proclaimed it was Holden v8 powered and also on the front badge was Holden v8.
Cheers Kevin.

More
11 years 5 months ago #98462 by swamprat
Replied by swamprat on topic Re: bedford on ebay
much rather see a modified truck that is being used than a cheque book resto that is trailered to the shows , as for the V8 bedfords , had a customer that had an original blue motor 308 factory fitted , think it was 1979 or 80 , a year or so before holden offered that motor in there cars ,

D1510 International 4wd 6BT cummins power steer

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds