Skip to main content

WANTED - International AR-110 or similar

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8429 by Snake
I spotted a Queensland registered International AR-110 in Botany NSW recently and decided I wanted one, or something similar. My buy doesnt have to be an AR-110, or even an IH for that matter. That 1976 Dodge D5N200 I viewed earlier today on this site would have been OK too if it was about half the price. I'm not particularly interested in pretty - I want working - or close to it. Any suggestions?

Snake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8430 by Coupeute
I saw that ute & went back to take a photo. Light blue one? There are a couple about that age on fleabay at the moment. I have an AL110 the same shape & paid about $1000 for it. Some pop up in Just Trucks mag. Early 50's Dodge fargos were very similar. If its that particular shape you are chasing, i have a rough shell & a chassis ill be selling at the end of my resto. I do know of a Fargo in Coonabarrabran. Its a ute with a flat backed cab.{if its not sold}. For more interesting inters, check out the US site www.OldIHC.org

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8431 by Snake
That would be the one. Thanks for the tips. I'll look around those other places and be in contact later. Can you tell me more about that Fargo out in the bush? Thanks again

Snake

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #8432 by mayco2466
Hi Snake.
I can supply you with an International AR-110 Series cab / chassis. The cabin is in fairly good condition for its age, all of the glass is there as well as the badges and instruments the windscreen wiper motor and mechanisms are in good shape, There is a second cab included that is in rougher condition but it has some spare glass and other usable parts. There is no motor or gearbox in the ute. I am not sure about the condition of the axles and brakes etc. It has been a fair while since I last inspected the ute. It is stored on a private property which is inland in central Queensland. If you are interested, please email me on salm1@optusnet.com.au with any questions. Please include your contact phone number.
Regards, Lester.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #8433 by Coupeute
Just checked in Coonabarrabran, Fargo is sold. The one above sounds like a good thing. Best of luck.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #8434 by Mick Christie

I spotted a Queensland registered International AR-110 in Botany NSW recently and decided I wanted one, or something similar. My buy doesnt have to be an AR-110, or even an IH for that matter. That 1976 Dodge D5N200 I viewed earlier today on this site would have been OK too if it was about half the price. I'm not particularly interested in pretty - I want working - or close to it. Any suggestions?

Hi, I know where theres quite a few fargo trucks here in sydney, some are good some are rusty, all complete though.
i can get some pics if your interested, i can probably get one for under $1000. they are around 1948 to 1955 ish.
I also have a 1948 gmc truck for sale if anyone is interested.
ph mick on 0424436629

More
14 years 9 months ago #8435 by Snake
Finished up settling on an International AB110 found in Clunes, Victoria. Last registered 1988, chassis AB21627 engine AGD240212 colour L115 (red). Appears to be intact down the hubcaps except for missing carbi and glove box lid.

On US website "Just Internationals" I found a specification sheet on what they call their B-lines. (I understand the "A" in AB110 refers to being built here in Oz)

I think their B line and my AB are fundamentally the same, but there appears to be some (minor?) differences. For example, my wheels are 16" and 15" were standard on theirs. And the headlights seem to be configured differently.

According to the US specifications, my girl is fitted with the standard issue 240ci straight six. A factory fitted 266 V8 was optional.

Three early questions:
1 What are my easiest carbi options if i decide to stick with the 6?
2 Will a 266 V8 pop straight in (if I can find one)
3 What other easy V8 options
regards

Snake

More
14 years 9 months ago #8436 by bparo
One thing to note is that our motors (t lest the 6 cylinders) were often cast in Geelong and assembled locally. The way to tell is the engine number. If it starts with an A (as in AGD) it is the Australian Motor (GD would be an american one), the next 3 numbers are the size of the motor in Cubic Inches.

Also our cabs were made in Adelaide and are not quite the same as the American ones either - you may find there are more components in common with Aussie Dodges than American IH trucks.

JBlair and a couple of others have AB Series trucks and I think you will find the cab is the same on all models- it was just the chassis it was bolted to guards and driveline that was different

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 9 months ago #8437 by Snake
Thanks. A historical society in W.A. has the operator's manual on CD and a copy is on its way, and I tried to buy a parts catalogue on ebay yesterday but surrendered at $100. It finally went for more than $200! What are the arrangements for getting access to reference material please?

Snake

More
14 years 9 months ago #8438 by Recy Mech
G'day Snake,

I'm probably the guy that got the parts manual, yep it cost a bit, however, as I'm like you and chasing an Inter AB??? series and a parts manual is recommended (well I reckon anyhoo) for restoration and general chasing of parts etc.

What I might try is scan the pages and put it in a pdf format, so if you want a copy I'll send it to you if you want. Don't ask me what the copyright law is :D

Well, my search is continuing, been looking on fleabay and carsales.com. A few out there but I'm thinking they are asking a bit much, how has your search been thus far?

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds