Skip to main content

WANTED - International AR-110 or similar

More
14 years 9 months ago #8439 by Snake
Paid $400 to the owner. Cost $1,000 to get it from Clunes, Victoria to my place in Kingrove, Sydney and I'm pretty chuffed with the whole business - so far.

Congratulations Ironman on getting hold of that parts catalogue. You can now expect plenty of enquires coming from my direction! For example: My AB110 has the 240 straight six motor fitted, but the carby is missing. What does the book say about that, buddy? The yanks factory fitted the 240 as standard but had a 266 V8 as an optional extra? If I can find a 266, what other bits and pieces will I also need for a convertion? Those sorts of questions. Best Wishes.

PS Not familiar with those copyright laws, but my advice would be to check before copying.

Snake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #8440 by
Sorry Ironman But I will have to concur with Snake!

Grats on the part catalogue. I also could be giving you plenty of Enquiries! :)

I will have to say that other than the Rust issue which is pretty common for most Inters I have had very little major issues with my AB. The only issues I have had were mainly to do with poor maintence over its working life. Other than that parts easy to find. Easy to work on. And while certainly not over powered very hard to stop them and reliable!

Would be great to see more AB's in preservation as I always noted that there were many of the earlier ones and the later C's but very few of the AB's. A comment I use to always receive at displays was that AB's are everywhere. My response "how many have you seen lately!" ;D To which they cant respond! Majority have now disappeared!

More
14 years 9 months ago #8441 by Recy Mech
Onya Snake! Now if only I could get a decent buy I'd be one happy camper.

As for the other question...you saw, heard nothing ;)

What do ya reckon a guy should pay for a Inter C1300? Their asking a sh*tlload, reckons there's a heap of extra's (yeah right!). It's a goer, all rego'd.

More
14 years 9 months ago #8442 by Snake
Sorry Champ... I wouldn't have a clue what anything is worth...really. This is my first lash at this sort of thing. The bug started just recently when I saw this baby blue AR110 ute parked on the side of the road and just knew I wanted it ...or something like it. My current drive is a holden one tonner and thats the way I'll stay until I get my AB up and runnin. Saw a tricked up but registered AB110 on ebay the other week but he was asking $8,000. Not sure if it sold but it was not my cup of tea. Me...I'm easy enough to please, but reliable is more important than pretty and simple is better than complex. Though I can visualise a V8 under the bonnet one day... just for the sound.

Snake

More
14 years 9 months ago #8443 by Recy Mech
Just paid $500 for a C1300, it's a 'goer'. Requires a battery and fuel pump, the owners will deliver it to my doorstep when next comming to Perth (I'm stoked with that) :)

Obviously got the standard rust pattern, now my tears of restoration will begin :'( lets see how the marriage lasts ;D

More
14 years 9 months ago #8444 by ianoz
Good onya ironman,Good things come to those who wait ! .ian.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8445 by karnut50
I have a 1954 single axle tray back i will sell.. Been in family 36yrs, if some one is interested

More
12 years 10 months ago #8446 by fxs80
Hi Karnut,
Any pic's and what area are you in
Cheers Gary

1939 D2

More
12 years 10 months ago #8447 by wee-allis
Hi guys, As to what carby you need, the original is usually the best way to go, but, a guy here in town used to have a AA160 tipper on contract to the council. In an effort to reduce the cost of fuel,(read hungry), he fitted a carby off a Holden. He maintained that it pulled better and saved a lot on fuel.
My own C1300 still is original and I would like to cut my fuel bill as well. However, I would be a bit wary fitting a Holden carb as I fear it might run lean and cause problems. Open to ideas. Steve

12 years 10 months ago #8448 by
The correct Stromberg as fitted to all the Inters was a model BXUV-3. The BXUV-3 was also fitted to the Holden 173 (2850cc) engines.

However, the model codes were different between the Holden and IH carbies, and the parts lists are also substantially different.
Not only are all the jets different between the two carbies, there's a long list of other components that are different, too.
The BXUV-3 was available from Bendix-Stromberg as a "Universal (fit) carburettor", but this universal model was a different model code again.

I never knew that Stromberg could produce so many carbies that were basically the same .. but all different .. until I acquired the Stromberg carby list book.

This book is a list of all the Stromberg carbies fitted to Australian production vehicles from 1958 to 1979, and it is extremely comprehensive in its parts listings, model numbers, code numbers, descriptions, diagrams, and anything else you'd ever want to know about Stromberg carbies.

It's wise to be concerned about leaning off the mixture on the IH engines. These engines were designed to run with rich mixtures to keep combsution temperatures down, and leaning the mixture will soon see the EGT reach levels, where valves will suffer accordingly.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds