Skip to main content

'Crawlin the Hume' - ATHS Event - May 12-13, 2012

More
12 years 3 days ago #72009 by peterbilt351
Thanks eveyone for the photos .The shots at the start bring tears to my eyes ,I can't beleive i was part of that convoy .A dream come true for me and SLASHA . KEEP ON TRUCKIN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #72010 by bigcam
Well done Jarrod, I'm going to sound like a copper here, what sort of camera did you use and how did you stop the wind niose?

• Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #72011 by
Jarrod

Bloody wonderful you really had that 555 dancing along.

As Cam said what camera

Trevor

More
12 years 3 days ago #72012 by Chocs
Good on ya JB!
Fine piece of vehicle operation there!
Well done..

ps. video wasn't too bad either! :D

thank you
regards

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 3 days ago #72013 by flatheadfordfan
Replied by flatheadfordfan on topic Thanks
I agree with everyone elses comments so far what a cracker of a weekend thankyou to all those who make it happen. We went along in the blitz sorry it's unfinished yet but just wanted to be part of it may not have been a regular runner on the hwy but a few would have maybe cut there teeth on em in a paddock somewhere ;)
The highlight apart from being there my self was the fellow in the T never seen him without a smile from ear to ear. There were some beautiful bits of gear there which is a credit to there owners.
There's a photo there of chocs that says it all.
Unfortunately we had some other commitments and stopped at Wang, once again Thanks

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 days ago #72014 by Swishy

Not 2 B outdun by JB'z effort
me now present
Crawln the Hume from the cutting room floor
2 say there twaz errors twaz an understatement

U may C:
Broardford WeighBridge....Chasing Browny....Wang?....Boomerang truck park....LOST.....BP Breakfast Lavington

;D

[img

Clikity ClikClikClik

24 minutes outa u're life

WotSayU?

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #72015 by
Guys,

Can't give out all my secrets! I actually used a camera designed for doing these types of shots. It is called a GoPro Hero. I stuck a mount onto the hood of the AB Inter. Then just before I took off switched it on. Then left it running until I got to Broadford where I switched it off. Got about an hour of HD video over 6Gb of video in that time! Bit of editing got what you see in you tube.

More
12 years 3 days ago #72016 by prodrive
My two bobs worth- firstly, as has already been said, congratulations and bloody well done, to the organisers.

When I pulled up at Benalla. I was truly amazed at the AMOUNT of old truck,s buses, peeple, you name it. A real carnival atmosphere, and wonderful to be a part of. Then the trip up the old road to Albury, really brought home the difficulties and dangers that were an everyday part of the way things used to be for the old fellas.
The night at Albury was a bit of a laugh, (even if the pommy comedien was a bit off for some!) and it was great to catch up with all those people I hadn't met before, Browny, Swishy, Jarrod, and many more, and some that I already knew.
Brekky next day at the BP was even better, a bit of an impromptu "show" in itself, lots more to see and more laughs at others expense (got ya gears back in the box yet Tim?)
Then on to Tarcutta, and a barby thanks to the fellows up there. The proposed Road Transport Heritage Centre is a fantastic idea, and deserves all of our support. It is in the "heartland" of trucking, and I see a great future attraction, which we all will have a stake in. As a bonus, it will transform Tarcutta from a slowly dying old highway town, into a major stopping point. Lets all give this all the help we can, it really deserves it. Here's a bit of the line up-

The things that really stuck out for me-

a) The amazing number of people on the side of the road, how good is it to see kids smiling and waving, lots of peope taking photos, gee, it makes you proud to drive a truck!
b) The passion and interest of the organisers, and all the people who went to so much trouble to get there, truck or no truck, it's still a fair commitment, and a credit to you all.

c) The wonderful old blokes, smiling from ear to ear, in their old trucks- thats REALLY what its all about!

This old bloke is smiling for a different reason, ha ha!

d) The fantastic rigs on display- how good are some of these? Shiny or rough, they make up a wonderful tapestry of history that we all can be proud of.

e) The realisation the Browny is mad! yep, stark, raving MAD!! ;D ;D ;D Three blokes (not little blokes, either) in a White 9000, all the way to Tarcutta and back- good effort Browny, hope no one ate the beans for brekky!!

f) The realisation that Chocs' better half actually seems to ENJOY getting around with a bunch of old worn out truckies! Geez, hang on to her, Chocs!

g) And finally how good it was on Saturday night, and Sunday morning, to hear GM's, 471's and so on, heading through Albury. A definte blast from the past. I'm pretty sure Swishy had a tear in his eye...

h) BUT, but, but, WHERE THE HELL WAS LORRY BUILDER? I met all these other lost souls, but after asking around, no one could introduce me to the famed gentleman! I even heard there was a sign on the road with instructions for him, but no show? Perhaps he was pulled up by the RTA and defected?

Anyway, great show you blokes, thanks again to all, and I'll look forward to the next one.
Gives you great heart to see the positive of trucking in Australia, and you've all done yourselves proud.
Cheers!
Richard

• Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #72017 by
Richard

Great pictures and i will be sure to show the ones of George's Diamond to dad as they used to drive together back in the 50's.

Swishy
Wheres the noise.

Couple things i noticed, you came up 1 number short on the jackpot, camera doesnt lie we were all watching when you had to tilt the bonnett and fill up the oil, and was it just me or did it take a long time to fill in the book of lies.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 3 days ago #72018 by Swishy

OK
Guys

Now the dust haz settled from the G8 Hume run

wot can U tell us all about:
TV
Movies