-b

Mucking about on the edge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #122138 by Mrsmackpaul
your a very wise one -b you could get a job writting fortune cookies :D
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #122139 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Todays Yanky iron Fix
pinched it actually,
but don't tell anyone.
-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Bobsboy.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #122140 by
Replied by on topic Re: Todays Yanky iron Fix

Here za a cuple of rivit n pix

;D

WotSayU?

cya

...hey Swishy, could you chuck up a piccy of the Oakgrove Logging S model in her heyday?...just to show how similar these two bangers were....(although, notice the door mounted mirrors ::) ::))...cheers mate

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 7 months ago #122141 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Todays Yanky iron Fix
here u go tective

Cartd wood chips on back rds frm mansfiels etc across to APM Marvale
Reason for single drive ... the hydraulic unloading platforrn @ Maryvale th@ tilts the trailer to the rear to unload the wood chips was on max capacity for the weight of the delivered load (no need for tandem drive)
locals in the bush towns had never seen a Kenworth B 4 n also never seen a truck apply the brakes to slo down go n up a hill
LOL
Reported @ the time the most powerful single drive primover V8-71 318hp ( then Hartridge got sum KW COE v8-71 on linehaul)

E&OE
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

10 years 7 months ago #122142 by
....thanks Swishy .. and was apparently originally ordered by a bloke named Howard Powers from Sydney back in the day ....did anyone know him??

More
10 years 7 months ago #122143 by Giddy up Go
G'day Detective,
Howard Powers was Carlingford (Sydney)based- had a yard on Pennant Hills Rd. He operated some Inters 180's & 90's, also B models. Subbied for Western Transport & TNT & Goodyear, Camelia. Died in an aerobatic aircraft accident at Schofields airshow in the 1980's while piloting his own plane.
In fact, Dave McMullan who worked for us, also drove for Howard in those early years.
Giddy

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

10 years 7 months ago #122144 by
....thanks Giddy for the heads up on that (up until now) complete mystery.... 8-) 8-)

...i wonder if a lost contract compelled him to back out of the deal?....she was ordered late in 1964.....thanks again

10 years 7 months ago #122145 by

....nah binder... they're painted steels on the Ringsby bangers

... also, an 850 series was off highway spec..the 820/520 series was on highway

...next question to all is... what exactly was the frame width in an 850 series off highway banger?.....just for the sake of completion to this part of the topic 8-) 8-)

defective from day one ive have said this is a hyway truck!! fe 900 front and near as I can tell from the pic sqw worms on early kw 6 rod plus 10,in frame rails all
are standard hyway spec for the early 50,s not to mention the sanders which are useless of road and would be torn of
in a heartbeat!!!!

as for ringsby,s gadjets in the bottom right theres 2 5 hole alloy 'budds' 10-00- 20
minus the steel lock ring wheels which I was refering to
www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/ma...e_droms/file0004.jpg

I may be a OLD FART as said in your deleted post but my eyesight aint that bad , I still hit what I aim at!!!

There never was a question mark over wether this is a hyway truck as it definately is a hyway truck....
But I still say that radiator will not fit in a 34" rail unless it has a front drop rail and those tow hitches are too high for that...Also the way I see it is the guys at Kenworth went through a hell of alot of trouble to fit a run of the mill six cylinder Cummins that was available on the day????
I tried to respond to Chuck's comments to see where he got his info from,but you have to give a email address and I was worried about the consequences of doing so.I'm with Binder too much of a coinsidence...
Wasn't there a famous TV personality many years ago before my time by the name of Chuck Conners?????
James.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds