Skip to main content

AtkiPete & AR162 in October Australian Classic Car

More
14 years 7 months ago #14499 by bparo
One of the small pictures on the front of the magazine is labeled "Red Terror" which is a giveaway.

On page 42 there is a photo of Atkipete at work. The article also mentons JBlair, Deadly Dave, Podge and others.

They did a "Workhorses and Showponies - Rebuilding the cars that built our nation" special showing off mainly utes but I must confess the International AR 162 is mine :)

There are a couple of inaccuracies in the article. Alan Cameron and Mick Malone who did the brakes and helped me get it roadworthy are members of the Eltham Steam and Stationery Engine Preservation Society not the HCVC and apparently a truck the size of an AR162 (over 9 tonne gross) is a Ute as it is under 10 tonnes.

I f a truck that size is really a ute then the HCVC name is ok but does that make the ATHS the APUPS (the American PickUp Preservation Society) ;D ;D

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14500 by atkipete
" Atkipete at work...., also mentions....Deadly Dave...and so on. Sounds like a great article. I will have to buy a copy and show it to my boss.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #14501 by huppypuppy
bparo,

Thanks muchly for the heads-up - I wanna head out tonight to buy it.... alas there won't be any newsagents open now :'(

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by huppypuppy.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds