Skip to main content

Inter overdrive box

More
8 years 8 months ago #162042 by 2dogs
Inter overdrive box was created by 2dogs
Mates D1310 needs a taller gear, it is the 281 petrol 4 speed with 750x16 tyres and revs it's tits off at 100 km/h. Is there an overdrive box that will bolt up behind this engine? Perhaps Perkins versions had an overdrive? Any knowledgeable one's out there??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162043 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
I think these things were designed for around 80kmh as that was the regulations at the time. You may find an overdrive gearbox to give you the extra speed but those with more knowledge than me can give you the model numbers

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #162044 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
I have to agree, I really wouldn't be doing 100 K's with 4.88 gears.(or does it have 4.30's?) The bigger Inters had 5-speeds, direct or O/D depending on model and spec. Someone more familiar with bigger ones will need to help out here.
I put faster diffs in mine (ASW120), rear from a smaller model (110) and the front 44 gears fit from many other things (F100 rear in my case). Yours, being a D-line, I suppose has a Dana rear, as well. 60/70?

Do you know what ratios you have? (should be on the tag on the back of the left door)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by asw120.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162045 by 2dogs
Replied by 2dogs on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
4.88 gears. I suggested to find a higher ratio diff, but the existing one had just been fully reco'd, so an overdrive box would be the better way to go. But as to what fit's..............

More
8 years 8 months ago #162046 by mad_as_hec
Replied by mad_as_hec on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
Is it the 4wd or 2wd D1310? Both had RA15 rear axle as standard but the 2x had 4.30 ratio while the 4x had 4.88 with 2.5" taller 8.25x16 tyres. Of course Inter was known to ignore the spec sheets and build what the customer wanted.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162047 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
the inter OD box was a T34, but a lot bigger than the smaller T17/18s etc.. It's basically the same as a T35 which was behind 281s, I think they had the same bellhousing pattern but not sure. Will see if my parts book says so...

More
8 years 8 months ago #162048 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
The T34 , T35 , and T36 are all interchangable and will bolt up to the 281 and 345 motors also 6354 Perkins....

More
8 years 8 months ago #162049 by 2dogs
Replied by 2dogs on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
Just to be sure.... the T34,35,36 boxes are OD and same bolt pattern as T17? Is that correct?

More
8 years 8 months ago #162050 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Re: Inter overdrive box

Just to be sure.... the T34,35,36 boxes are OD and same bolt pattern as T17? Is that correct?

no - only the T34 is overdrive, the other two are the same housing just the ratios are different. It sounds like they bolt up to the 281, I guess all 281s have the same bellhousing bolt pattern...

More
8 years 8 months ago #162051 by d23j
Replied by d23j on topic Re: Inter overdrive box
I have a T34 recon box my father was going to fit to his 1310 but he died and never fitted it. We sold the truck, I don't have the bell housing $1,500. Andrew

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds