Skip to main content

Hi All.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16347 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Hi All.
That is the same cab as a Scammell crusader, but being a later cab I doubt it is English built. According to Miller's encyclopedia Mack had a factory in Barking (east of london near the Ford factory) from 1954 to 1964. and yes one model had amodified bedford cab!!!All used british entrails and one model even had a commer knocker motor. The model I have seen pictures of most is the 1960 bonnetted job which looks like a super hippo on account of using the Leyland cab.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16348 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: Hi All.
Mammoth,

I have in my semi-senile brain a vague recollection of hearing or reading somewhere these Motor Panels cabbed Macks were nevertheless made in the UK after the date you mentioned. I'm pretty certain the French had their own spec F700s at that time like the one in the pic (from Traveller Dave's site www.travellerdave.co.uk/ ) - spot the higher roof and French spider wheels - so why would they have parallel production of a Motor Panels line? It's a mistery :-/

Cheers,

T

More
14 years 6 months ago #16349 by John H
Replied by John H on topic Re: Hi All.
Hi Dave, Yes that's the one, there were 325's and 375's here with the odd 8v92 optioned from new. There are a couple around I'm looking into.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds