Skip to main content

Frank Latorre's Foden in Truckin' Life, Nov '09

More
14 years 6 months ago #16512 by huppypuppy
Hi all,

Just a quick one to let you lot know one of the members of this fine club has been featured in the current issue of Truckin' Life!

Frank Latorre and his nicely restored '61 Foden S21 hve been featured in the Classic Truck issue.... let me know if you want to see the article and I'd only be too happy to scan it and post it here!

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16513 by Rob365
Yes please HP. That'd be great...

More
14 years 6 months ago #16514 by huppypuppy
Rob,

Will get onto it straight away!

Joe

More
14 years 6 months ago #16516 by VicHung
That's a great story Joe, and congratulations Frank on such a great job on the Mickey Mouse Foden from an ex-Mickey Mouse driver.

Vic

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16517 by huppypuppy
Vic,

So it's the S21 which was referred to as the "Mickey Mouse" Foden??? I loved reading the story as much as you lot will! I know a fellow who's restoring a old FG Foden tractor unit - most of the Australian members will know who I am talking about!

Also, Frank's choice of colours was chosen by Frank himself as this is Boral Green and Gold - Frank went into Boral and they supplied him with the paint.... he had to pay for the job to be done!

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16518 by VicHung
The S21 was certainly the one called Mickey Mouse, Joe, and here is the NZ version which had the roof extended over the windscreens to form a sun visor. I think they look better for it, too. This is the one I used to drive, and you don't need to tell me it has appeared on here before because I know that! :) :) :)

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz350/vicandval/Foden.jpg?t=1257232654

More
14 years 6 months ago #16519 by huppypuppy
Vic,

Still learnin' about these old Fodens! I can't wait to see this old FG tractor unit Murray Langford is restoring - hope he has it finished by the time the Golden Oldies show in Dubbo is on in 2010!

Joe

More
14 years 6 months ago #16520 by aussiebigbangers
What a great looking old Foden. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

He should be proud . [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

David. 8-)

! !  Without Trucks Australia Stops  ! !

More
14 years 6 months ago #16521 by huppypuppy
David,

Welcome to the HCVC Forums - I agree with ya there! Might try and find out contact details to see if Frank will bring it to Dubbo as I have NEVER seen any Foden, let alone a old one!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds