Skip to main content

Frank Latorre's Foden in Truckin' Life, Nov '09

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16532 by
Bigcam - No, I dunno who the dark-haired bloke is. These pics were sent to me by the blonde-headed young fella .. who, as I said, is now in his mid-40's. My pic is up in the, "What does your head look like" thread .. if Swishy hasn't tortured it, even more, by now .. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16533 by Andy Wright

Bruce,

Is that Murray Langford's FG???? Would love to see them! That S21 of Vic's would be like Frank's - it would have had the 6LW 150 Gardner!

Joe

No Joe, as Bruce said his mate is doing up a S21 with a two-stroke. I'm looking forward to his Octopus project most of all.

Murray's taking his time with the Foden as he has other work to do and is taking it easy. He's the best person to let you know how he's going with it so just ask him.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Andy Wright.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #16534 by Swishy

RE: What does your head look like" thread .. if Swishy hasn't tortured it,

LOL

Been there dun th@

;D

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago #16535 by huppypuppy
T,

Seen these videos! Nice sounding old Foden!

Joe

More
14 years 6 months ago #16536 by bigcam
H O T Swishy,I can say no more.666.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16537 by Cunning Stunt
Here's a few shots of my mates S21 in South Australia. This truck was for sale on the side of the highway in NSW for about 20 years but when we finally saw it it was a magic original low mileage truck. The best thing ever was listening to it being clutch started with a GM powered Chamberlain Super 90 tractor.

This truck only has a 4 speed box but we managed to source a 12 speed epicyclic box. Still looking for a range change lever for the column if anyone knows of one. Hope you like it Victoriously Hung One ;)

Swishy, if you want to hear one, Graham McKie from Canberra has recorded one in England and it is available on disc, also has recorded a few GM's and of course a knocker. I can burn them or better still PM me if you are interested andd I will forward Grahams details. He'll talk 2 stroke's for hours.

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 6 months ago #16538 by VicHung
I do indeed like it, Oh Cunning one.

I will ask around about a range change lever, you never know what will turn up.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16539 by Andy Wright
I think Peter Marquet, Albion collector in NSW, is chasing (or has 'caught') an S21 Foden he used to drive - 'Big Pete'. Not sure if she's a two-stroke though. Busntruck will know.

As well as Graham McKie's work, Swish, I have a DVD of a run in the UK a couple of years ago complete with a two-stroke Foden pulling a float. I'll bring my laptop down with me as I shouldn't be burning this commercial DVD... ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16540 by Hotmagic
The Foden is such a beautiful and stylish truck, its a shame to see so few of them. There has been a twin steer one for sale in a used truck mag for a fair while now, they wanted $16k for it, dont know if its still for sale now tho, havnt bought the mag in a month or 2.

More
14 years 5 months ago #16541 by Tatra
Cunning Stunt,

Thanks for the pics - never saw one of these engines before... Not like a 6-71, what with the seperate heads - do they have exhaust valves or are they "pure" 2 strokers (uniflow)?

Speaking of non-Detroit Diesel 2 strokers, what do the Nissan UDs look like? Apparently, there was a number of manufacturers other than Nissan and Foden who had a go at developing a better mousetrap - for example, Krupp in Germany had a whole series of 2 stroke designs - including a straight-7 (yes) - before they moved on to making VT Cumminses under licence. The Russian JaMZ took the easier option and paterned their 4s and 6s on the Jimmies, and I think one of the more obscure Austrian manufacturers (Gr

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds