Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16684 by huppypuppy
Swishy,

The SuperLiner appears for all of about 5 seconds! There were 2 of them - a MkI SuperLiner with Cat power and that MkII with the E9-500 V8!

Joe

More
14 years 6 months ago #16685 by Andy Wright
Given the extreme lack of truck driving knowledge Ben Mendelsohn displayed on The 7PM Project when he was on recently, one hopes his acting convinces!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 6 months ago #16686 by Rob365
I agree AW, mind you we could reel off a list of lesser talent that would've butchered the role more than him!

Haven't got to see film yet, I'm only going to see it for the machinery and scenery - No doubt some of us would be approaching this film in the same way...

Cheers
Rob

More
14 years 4 months ago #16687 by Rob365
DVD is out in March according to the film's website.

More
14 years 4 months ago #16688 by huppypuppy
Rob,

You are a deadset legend! Was gonna ask when it was coming out on DVD! You have saved me heaps of time!

Joe

PS: Get yaself another fine Aussie movie, Charlie & Boots!

PPS: Cannot wait to show Dad his old ute in the movie

More
14 years 4 months ago #16689 by AKTrucker
Can't wait till this is out on dvd! Looks like a good'un. :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #16690 by huppypuppy
AKTrucker,

I gave it 5 stars when I saw it at the movies! Plus I knew one of the vehicles in it!

Joe

More
14 years 4 months ago #16691 by JimmyDodge
Hi Joe , and all , I saw Prime Mover on a Qantas flight I was on , and I don't mean to be a killjoy but I thought it was a fairly ordinary film.
I know it's easy to be a knocker, but I thought the plot was fairly thin and predictable, but to me there wasn't enough truck action .
There was only his Boss's Kenworth, in the beginning , the Mack you mentioned and the stars well , Western Star...
I think it was a movie that is probably all too true about young blokes all starry eyed about being a truckie, and then the reality of how hard it really is to make a buck,and provide for a family.
Also having to make payments etc on your truck and having any money even left over for maintenance etc.
I found it fairly depressing , I am only a man with a truck, not a truckie , but that's only my opinion.
Harleigh.

More
14 years 4 months ago #16692 by Rob365
Hi JD, HP, AKTrucker. Thanks for your responses, reviews etc. I'm looking forward to seeing it either way - just to veg out.

I do agree JD that accurately portraying the real "truckie" in a film is difficult though, as it'd be hard to get any sort of audience let alone drivers, ex drivers or enthusiasts like us to sit through approx 90 min of film about what it's really like. Let alone the funding from anyone to actually make it!

Cheers
Rob

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds