More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #184929 by Mick 1975
Holden / Chev was created by Mick 1975
Hey first time visitor to the forum and thanks for having me,
I have recently purchased a Holden / Chev truck 1946
Body No : S1866
Model : M14338
Series: 1946
I am on the look out for parts and information to assist with the restoration of this truck. I would be great fun for any info relating to this vehicle.
Some of the bits I am after include an original front seat, Windscreen rubbers, Drivers side door and window , Windscreen Wiper & motor

ya just gotta press insert to put ya picture in..... sarge
cheers Mick
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #184930 by rockcrawler31
Replied by rockcrawler31 on topic Holden / Chev
You've picked a good year and model to do your first resto on. There's so much reproduction stuff available for this vehicle available from the states it's not funny. Start by going on to the stovebolt forum.

I've got the truck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mick 1975

More
6 years 9 months ago #184944 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Holden / Chev
If you cant find an original front seat a good motor trimmer will be able to make one to match. Windscreen wiper you will get from Auto Surplus in Mitcham or on-line Try and get a 85 degree one not 110 degree. Probably worth rewiring the whole vehicle to 12volt while you are at it.
Drivers door may be harder to find.

More
6 years 9 months ago #184946 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Holden / Chev
This might give you some ideas.

Lang

More
6 years 9 months ago #184949 by busman
Replied by busman on topic Holden / Chev
With all the cameras and videos around today you would think people would learn how to use them, a bit of common sense instead of jerking from one thing to the next. Annoying !

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187321 by Adam P
Replied by Adam P on topic Holden / Chev
Hi Mick,
I've found pretty much everything available from 'chevsoftheforties.com' and 'classychevy.com' and 'oldchevytrucks.com'
I'm preserving a 42 1 1/2 ton chev ex military lwb. Are u planning a full resto or a tidy up and preservation? From the pic it looks like your truck is in pretty good original condition?

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds