Skip to main content

New Guy

More
6 years 7 months ago #187028 by Gordy
New Guy was created by Gordy
Hello
I;ve been watching this forum for a while during my time searching for a truck at the right price
I picked up a commer S25 1950 thats a bit rugged but she runs has alll her badges and is generally all there minus seats and tray.
Looking forward to talking with people on this forum and maybe down the track be able to help others who find themselves in my present situstion.
Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187034 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic New Guy
looks like a good find. I am sure there will be people here who can help

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187035 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic New Guy
Well done Gordy, for a picture on your first post and a good find. I think you have only got to find the easy bits to make that lady complete. Personally for the sake of comfort and cost I would use some adjustable seats from a modern car and a tray will be easily found and wreckers/scrap yards. You should add your location to your profile and people will know if you are near enough for them to help. :)

And my standard advice,:- get it on the road first (club rego) so you can properly enjoy it, then start worrying about a rebuild.

Welcome aboard.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Sarge.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187053 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic New Guy
Welcome Gordy
there has been a few of those done up on here I seem to recall, may not as small as yours but Commers with a bonnet like that

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 7 months ago #187055 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic New Guy
Gordy

I agree with Sarge.

I presume you are like me and know nothing about this model Commer, get it on the road by just doing the basics like brakes and lights and a simple paint job and drive it. Unfortunately expectations are not always realised with these old vehicles, particularly English ones, and you might find you are seriously disappointed with its performance, ride or handling.

A simple fix up to just "driver" stage will probably get your money back if you want to change. Once you start the full cab off rebuild you will NEVER get your time or money back - it is a labour of love.

I have found in the past a Holden or Falcon bench seat is an easy fit or if you go for comfortable singles that is easy too. just take your tape and wander around the wreckers.

lang

More
6 years 7 months ago #187059 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic New Guy
Well I likes it!
Is your Commer a four cylinder or six cylinder?
Is it a sidevalve or overhead valve?

And put your glasses on Sarge, it's got a tray on it already ;)

More
6 years 7 months ago #187060 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic New Guy
Here are lots of photos. A pretty little truck. I like the ute version.

Lang

au.pinterest.com/piu/commer-karrier-1950+-truck-ute/

More
6 years 7 months ago #187089 by Gordy
Replied by Gordy on topic New Guy
Thats sound like great advise
Thanks

More
6 years 7 months ago #187090 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic New Guy
PDU, you know I am deaf and blind.... and braille is very good for gender selection, you have seen my truck, a couple of pallets and some fence wire would make for a tray, but Gordy has got style, standards and class, HE wants a new tray. :woohoo:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187091 by Gordy
Replied by Gordy on topic New Guy
4 cylinder flat head
My bad on the tray
I said it was missing a tray but actually meant it needs a tray as the one on it is buggered

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds