Skip to main content

Disc brakes for 1510 international

More
5 years 11 months ago #193559 by rockcrawler31
Just thinking out loud here.

An acquaintance of mine has fitted BA-BF rotors and calipers on to a smaller 5 stud international 1110 - 1310 trucks. Seems the BA-BF ford pattern is a standard size as used by PBR for about a million different vehicles. So it's just a matter of a custom bracket to hold the caliper andit's on.

Does anyone know what the PCD is going to be on my 17" 1510 D-Line?

And further, does anyone know if there's a modern disc braked truck with the same pattern?

I've got the truck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193564 by JOHN.K.
The 1100 s had disc brakes,they were even fitted to the last AB 110s on special order... brakes were .PBR,which I would imagine were also fitted to Holdens and Falcons in the late 60 s.....At one time discs were available for big trucks......wernt popular,cause of the problems with a parking brake that would actually hold......I have no doubt that 5stud Budd pattern discs were/are fitted to jap trucks.... Im.not into jappas tho.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193573 by rockcrawler31
The army unimogs have dual calipers on each corner, and those bastards STOP! :woohoo:

So the 5 lug inters are budd pattern?

I've got the truck

More
5 years 11 months ago #193597 by JOHN.K.
Toyota Coaster buses had front discs with 5 stud budd type wheel fixing.Probably need to use the whole axle for ease of fitting. Otherwise you are going to need a machine shop for backup...Dont forget you are going to be making alterations than legally need an engineers approval.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds