Skip to main content

Skilled drivers - industry shortage

More
5 years 11 months ago #193791 by Roderick Smith
180519Sa Melbourne Herald Sun - truck-driver skill.
Roderick.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193792 by overnite

Roderick Smith wrote: 180519Sa Melbourne Herald Sun - truck-driver skill.
Roderick.

"Victorian drivers". Nothings changed in my 52 years of linehaul. ( Not you but Swishman)

More
5 years 11 months ago #193794 by Swanny
Got the same problem in wetern sydney Tipper &dog trailer drivers (SCAREY) they love to tailgate plus not fitted with limiters i have been passed on M7 doing 110

More
5 years 11 months ago #193797 by Mrsmackpaul
I guess you only get what you pay for

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
5 years 11 months ago #193800 by Gryphon

Swanny wrote: Got the same problem in wetern sydney Tipper &dog trailer drivers (SCAREY) they love to tailgate plus not fitted with limiters i have been passed on M7 doing 110

Our drivers carry hammers so they are scarier. ;)

www.news.com.au/national/victoria/trucki...42a585b01c1977669427

Tery

More
5 years 11 months ago #193802 by JOHN.K.
What other job do you risk fines that cost a months pay for the most ridiculous and petty breaches......and all kinds of government ratbags breathing down your neck every minute of the day......not for me in this day and age.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193807 by Roderick Smith
Related:
180520Su Melbourne Herald Sun - truck numbers.

Roderick.

Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #193813 by steveb
You pay peanuts , you get monkeys.....have had three offers of employment in the last month...and I am 74 years young......No offer came within $60 a day to bring me out of retirement.
When the freight companies realise that to get quality you have to pay..
Over the years I have watched the decline in the ability of drivers(?) to master the art , for this is what it is....It is not just a dream in somebodies head as to what they would like to do , but a talent to drive a heavy vehicle safely over long periods at any one time.
After aproaching nearly 60 years of heavy vehicle driving mainly interstate these are my observations!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho

More
5 years 11 months ago #193815 by JOHN.K.
As long as there is a never ending supply of hopefulls who think you can make money from a $1/2 million truck and trailer on finance working for $50 hr gross,companies have no need to pay anything over bare minimum.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193817 by geoffb
But everyone says you get what you pay for that correct
The unfortunate thing about this is our need to have everything. As a kid I grew up with a working father a mother who stayed home and did domestic duties. One car one black white television when we eventually got power, one bath a week (As the youngest I was last) ate left overs thought a take away meal was unheard off to have a telephone was a luxury
NOW we have to have a large house television / computer several cars (Aleast one for Dad and one for Mum) eat out once aweek ,dont have bubble and sweak (to those that know) shepard pie the left over roast. Mum has to work as well as Dad so we now need Child care ( which is subsidized by people who don't have rug rats and pay taxes)so as to maintain their lifestyle All with phones even 10 year old or younger
So when we stop the need for greed and learn to live within our means things might change but everyone has to have the best and have it now
The industry is no different to any form of employment Just My Thoughts
The following user(s) said Thank You: craig308, Mrsmackpaul, Tacho, AaronS

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds