Skip to main content

Dual headlight problems.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202088 by projectinter
On a Hino FD176 with dual headlights when I put on hi beam both lights on the passenger side go out and the tell tale hi beam on the dash doesn’t light up.
Low beam works as normal.
A while ago I changed to H4 globes and not sure if this may have contributed? Checked all connections and nothing is loose.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202089 by Blackduck59
Have you tried changing the bulbs again?
Are Hino's power to the light then the switch/relay takes it to ground?
Cheers Steve

More
4 years 8 months ago #202090 by projectinter
Not sure about power?
I assume it isn’t the globe as the low beam works fine but won’t work when I switch to hi. I’ll change the globe in the morning. It was an expensive Osram globe and hasn’t been in long at all

More
4 years 8 months ago #202092 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Dual headlight problems.
Any time Ive had a duel head light problem on a jap vehicle, earth has been
the cause.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 8 months ago #202094 by Blackduck59
dno,
normally I would agree, any time a light goes out when another with a greater load is turned on it is the ground.
Just with a lot of Jap vehicles it grounds through the switch or relay if fitted. But still a good place to look if you can find where the switch ground is.
Cheers Steve

More
4 years 8 months ago #202095 by projectinter
Thanks.
I’ll have a go tomorrow and let you know what I find.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202107 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Dual headlight problems.
I'm had the opposite problem with a Ford Trader where high beam stayed on and found it was the combo switch on the steering column.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202129 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Dual headlight problems.
I put on hi beam both lights on the passenger side go out and the tell tale hi beam on the dash doesn’t light up.

Check the passenger high beam wire between the switch and the globe. Especially where it joins the wire from the drivers side.

Check the tell tale globe if blown and the wire back to the switch. Especially where it joins the wire from the drivers side. To me, it sounds like a break at the intersection of the three wires. (left, right and telltale)
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by jon_d.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202130 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Dual headlight problems.
We had trouble with our Hino GT when we first got it (secondhand), in short, turn headlights on and engine would stop. That later progressed to turn headlights on and starter motor would spin continuously.
Anyhow, from what i remember during the fault finding process, there are a multitude of relays in the dash, and i have an idea that there are separate headlight relays for each side of the vehicle.

If yours is the same, i can only suggest checking that the passenger side high beam relay is working.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202143 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Dual headlight problems.
Our 1991 FC144
hino has seperate relays for each side on the head lights and our original lights had rust forming on the reflectors and the rego man said get rid of them so I found a set of LED beams that drop straight into the rectangular buckets. What an impressive set of lights we have now.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds