Skip to main content

Help me justify a purchase!!

More
4 years 7 months ago #202814 by dnardy
Hi all, been gone a long time since I sold my AT4, but now looking at a D5N 500 with 318 and 18' tray.
Looking to buy it partly as a promotional vehicle for our business (Steel Fab) but "advertising" and our own enjoyment isn't quite cutting it at the moment. It appears to be quite a reliable truck and I'd like to put it to work in some way to help it pay for itself. It may run the odd bit of steel around but we already have a Hino with a bigger tray that handles that.
We live in a farming area and I was wondering does anybody rent out their trucks for hay carting etc? I could also employ someone to drive it if i could think of a good easy-care business venture. Would love to see it out on the road a lot to promote our core business.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #202818 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Help me justify a purchase!!
Hi DN, check out the Loadshift Website, Load Board. Might give you an idea if there is demand for services you could offer.
If you have a good office person to put out quotes and a steady operator on the truck it may work. See requests for quotes to
shift hay, tractors, farm machinery, building supplies and the like. Good luck with the venture. Paul.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #202819 by hayseed

dnardy wrote: I could also employ someone to drive it if i could think of a good easy-care business venture.

Sorry Mate, There's no such Thing as an "easy care " Business venture....

You only get out what you put In...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 7 months ago #202823 by Mrsmackpaul

hayseed wrote:

dnardy wrote: I could also employ someone to drive it if i could think of a good easy-care business venture.

Sorry Mate, There's no such Thing as an "easy care " Business venture....

You only get out what you put It...

Very wise words seed

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds