Skip to main content

Need help identifying Australian Kenworths (and other trucks) for imcdb website

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #204326 by MisterZ
Hi all! I just joined this site, and I'm a major contributor to the site www.imcdb.org - or the internet car movie database.

On that site, we have several hundred Australian trucks that have appeared in movies and TV over the last half a century. We are lacking in experts on Australian trucks, though, meaning that many listings on the site are still unidentified or incorrectly identified.

We have about 90 Australian Kenworths on the site, here are just some: www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=...in=AU&madefor=&role=

If you see any mistakes or want to make changes, let me know!

By the way, this one has me a bit stumped. Bonnet looks too short to be W-900 SAR: www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1247780-Kenworth.html It looks more like a 1960s pre-local assembly KW? What model is it, though?

Here are some more trucks from other brands if anyone has time to go through them:

Aussie-built bonneted Internationals (S-Series/Transtar/Eagle): www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=...in=AU&madefor=&role= (17 in total - need help narrowing down years/year range if possible)

International ACCOs: www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=...adefor=&role=&page=1 (69 in total! Need help mostly with the years)

Aussie Western Stars: www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=...n=&madefor=AUS&role= (12 in total - need help narrowing down the years, if possible, and whether any are Aussie-assembled, or fully imported and if so, from where - Canada or US?)
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by MisterZ.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204329 by Mrsmackpaul
I aint no Kenworth expert but that truck is pretty well known and would be up there with one of Australia's most famous ones
Thats a S series
Mid 60's
Very customized truck, dont think.any of it is original except t he cab

Plenty of others on here will have a lot more details than me

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: MisterZ

More
4 years 5 months ago #204330 by werkhorse
Yep it's an 1960s S900 model

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
4 years 5 months ago #204341 by MisterZ
Thanks! I have a few more. Is there any way to tell apart a Kenworth T-904/T-908/T-909? See the first 3 here: www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Kenworth_model-T-Series.html

If anyone knows anything about Macks, I also need a bit of help. Are there any visual differences between the old R-Series and the later Value-Liner (1986 onwards)? On the site we tend to list them as R-Series by default: www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=...in=AU&madefor=&role=

But maybe some are actually Value-Liners?

More
4 years 5 months ago #204345 by hayseed

MisterZ wrote:
If anyone knows anything about Macks, I also need a bit of help. Are there any visual differences between the old R-Series and the later Value-Liner (1986 onwards)?
But maybe some are actually Value-Liners?

The value liner has a Set Back Front Axle, & the ends of the Bullbar. Bumper bar are swept Back....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
4 years 5 months ago #204346 by werkhorse
That green "DM800" in A Country Practice... Is actually an R600... Commonly known as a Flintstone Mack

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #204351 by MisterZ
Cheers hayseed. Can't believe I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!

With the R-Series Macks, I noticed that some of the earlier models have 4 headlights of equal size, while others have only 2 large ones on the outside, and smaller ones on the inside, as seen here: www.imcdb.org/vehicle_689710-Mack-R-Series.html - is there a certain year that they changed over?

Also, do you know anything about the Mack CH from the 90s?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by MisterZ.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 5 months ago #204486 by Swishy
This one was Mick Gardners

Was originaly a Kenworth S 925

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH