Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 Slant six engine swap with Valiant

More
14 years 3 months ago #21156 by mammoth
oldlogger. I used to be on dial up, and didn't want to lash out on satellites and so on. Came across wireless broadband. My service (exetel) uses the optus signal and needs a desk top aerial for reliability, The cost is several hundred for the doover thingy which you can take anywhere and then $18 month. Ive never run out of service or been charged extra. Has changed my world, so I recommend you make enquiry at your local (not telstra) computer shop.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #21157 by henryox
Hello, yes they will fit, but wont last long, car engine cannot take the heat , valves will burn out first

Rob

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #21158 by Hardtopman
Unleaded petrol kills the valves and seats full stop on the old slant 6

14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #21159 by
Engines will lock up solid after only a couple of years of not being used, in the right conditions. I've personally experienced this with a 245 in a Dodge that locked up after 4 years of not being started.
I've seen farmers find their Ford V8 farm truck locked up, after 3 years of sitting in a shed, and they paid a mechanic huge money to strip it and rebuild it .. ::)

The bores gather condensation, and the rings stick easily to them. Make up a solution of acetone and ATF (automatic transmission fluid) and pour a cupful in each cylinder. Leave the engine for a week, soaking in this brew. When you come back to it, rip off the top radiator hose and fill the engine with hot water (not boiling, but over 80

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #21160 by Swishy

JuanTrak
GuddayM8

Gr8 info on "wot n how"

so is the forked fork a goer yet

May B nuther Ebay special
One Owner
Only operated on Sundeez by little ol Granny
Cums with 10/10 warranty
!0 minutes or 10 meters of travel
nuch sort after collectable
Get Forked
" U wont B disappointed"

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 3 weeks ago #21161 by
Swishy - Nah, the fork is still in pieces .. but I've got the block bored and decked, and all the engine parts in hand. I've cut the intake valve seats, but I need a stone for the exhaust seats, because they're stellite (whereas the intake seats are just in the block).
I'm building up a new mechanical disc handbrake assembly, as the previous clowns threw all the original handbrake away (not that the original was much good, from all reports).
They inserted a PBR hand-operated hyd brake lock valve in the wheel brakes, but that's not acceptable to OS&H.
It has to be an independent mechanical handbrake.

Between that and rounding up other parts .. helping a mate rebuild his old Clark forklift .. rebuilding the Landis cylindrical grinder .. sorting out my workshop to make it more user-friendly .. doing "honey-do" jobs .. handing out advice on forums .. a man needs 25 hr days .. :D

So .. no, the fork is waiting .. and waiting .. until the right moment when I can strike again .. :D
I'll get some gold paint for her when I'm finished .. to indicate just how much by way of $$'s, and effort, I've put in, to make her go again .. ;D

No way this one will be sold for a while .. I'm finding I need bigger/n/bigger forklifts all the time .. this one is the biggest I currently have, at 6000lbs, and I reckon that extra capability is pretty necessary .. :-/

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds