Skip to main content

Final International Truck Project

More
3 years 9 months ago #212377 by bparo

One thing about everything being quiet during Covid-19 is I finally got this done. At the wife's request it now has pride of place in the lounge room.

We had a lot of fun in the truck and the head is still saying it's the right decision for all sorts of logical reasons that the heart argues with. I put a lot of work into this truck, with a lot of helpers, this should help retain the memories

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212385 by Mrsmackpaul
I hope it all goes well for the future as Im sure it will

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #212451 by bparo
I was always amazed where pictures of that Inter turned up. It seemed to capture people's imagination, even those that don't like trucks. it appeared in 2 commercial magazines (including at least one front cover), multiple club magazines that saw (and a heap I didn't) had write-ups about it. When I was the club's AOMC rep the person whose job it was to read club newsletters would ask "Have you been out and about again Bruce, I keep seeing photos of your truck in the magazines" .
The strangest thing was people would often overtake it 3 times. First time with an angry horn, 2nd time with the passenger pointing at the door and the third time with the passenger taking photos followed by a happy beep and a big, friendly wave.

I am just itching to be able to take the new toy for a fling. The mechanic calls it a truck and says it's a cross between the XP and the Inter (in size at least). It has had air conditioning fitted, a fault brake booster replaced, the brake pedal height lowered to better suit the HZ brakes (it's now car height difference to the accelerator, not 1950's truck height), bracing inserted to stop the firewall flexing each time you hit the brakes or clutch and the clutch master cylinder died so there is an turbo 350 at the automatic transmission place waiting to be checked over/serviced before fitment. It also now has power steering and I picked up some exterior trim pieces in better condition than what I had or were missing.

The cause of the Brake and Clutch master cylinder failures was the same thing. They were both about 1 - 3mm out from where the rod came off the pedal. This caused the brake and clutch rods to not be pushing square so the seals failed. since the plan was to replace the 4 speed with an auto it's being done now. Then I will sell the Muncie 4-speed, complete with linkages, gear lever, bell housing etc to get some money back. I should get around $1500 for all that

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, PDU

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds