Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Commer up for grabs. PDU - C 4 Commer? 16 Oct 2021 21:13 #226804

• cobbadog
  • cobbadog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1119
1963 Commer
« on: Today at 20:07:09 »
Hi, anyone interested in a 1963 Commer? Perkins 6.354 powered, and the engine starts and sounds really good.
Been sitting in a shed for nearly 20yrs, and I saved it from the scrappy.
Cab a bit knocked around, but repairable. Driveable other than no brakes.

Located just south of Toowoomba Qld.
Cheers, allisb

If anyone is interested I will get the contact details from the TOMM site.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Commer up for grabs. PDU - C 4 Commer? 17 Oct 2021 10:30 #226835

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 786
Nice try cobba, I missed out on one way back before the Austin came along.

Talking with the original farmer owner, he said it was registered and it would be driveable to Darwin without worry, however it was part of an auction - which I couldn't get to. I contacted the auctioneers, left all my details and a request to call me when auction began so I could place phone bids, but they didn't call me.

Later I mentioned it to the guy who transported my Austin home and he said that he had bought the Commer for $600 as no one seemed overly interested in it. :ohmy: :pinch: When he was going to load it on his truck, he noticed how nicely it was running and his wife ended up driving it home. He later sold it on to somebody who was planning to put a humungus V8 in it. Absolute waste! :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by PDU.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558