Skip to main content

Maxitorque transmission input numbers

More
1 year 9 months ago #237692 by Dave_64
I stand corrected re the input shaft diameters on the Maxitorque box.
Had to pull one out of a Flintstone 237 when working on the spanners all those years ago, kept jumping out of the lower gears.
Maynes ran the 5 speed directs on linehaul in both 237 and 285 guise, gteat box once you got used to them.
Maybe the 375 ran a larger clutch plate than the smaller 6's, I feel there was sometimg different between them??
The one we reefed out of the Flintsone I do recall had to be timed, something that we hadnt come across before.
Ended up getting a service exchange from Gleemans, gave her a coat of paint and probably still going.
Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237724 by Kav
Back in the days of the early V8's and the Flintstones the clutches were originally push type. In 1979, I had a 6 cylinder Maxidyne that Mack told me, had a V8 clutch fitted, which was a heavy push clutch, with a different Flywheel and centre plate. Mack changed the flywheel and centre plate to the later 6 cylinder one as they said that some parts were not available for the old V8 clutches. The Pull-type Spicer clutches were then available, so that was the way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds